Thursday, November 15, 2007

Warning-This post contains alot of photos

Owen is on two days off at the moment so yesterday we went to the beach. He actually had to go and install a home theatre system for a customer but afterwards we went to the beach for a bit of a dig in the sand and a little splash in the water. It was WINDY!!

While Jack & I were waiting for Daddy to finish his install we went for a big drive around looking at all the gorgeous beachfront real estate that I can't afford but would love to own. We also had a look at the singing ship which is the huge abstract concrete structure with wind pipes that play music. It's been there for decades and we used to go there as kids.

Jack thought it was fantastic up there because it was sooooo windy. He was jumping in the wind and I was nearly having a heart attack being a panicy mother thinking he was going to go rolling over the edge.

I decided to go past my brothers place to see if anyone was home and my Mum was there. She's been staying down there the last week tidying up for them as Mum's do. So Jack and I had a look through the backyard a Jack played a bit of totem tennis with Mum.

Now let me tell you about my brother before I show you these photos. He has always had an affinity with the ocean. He loves fishing and spearfishing and diving and boating around. He's always sunburnt and has the most gorgeous white lines where his smile crinkles his eyes. He's laid back and funny and a great guy. His backyard area is his domain. He has a big shed with a couple of boats, a chicken coup, a big vege patch, his beloved dog is buried out there with a carved stump for a cross and he has this magical sea inspired BBQ area. Now our whole family on my Mum's side are collectors. We're bower birds, anything pretty we pick up and take back to our nests. It drives Owen crazy. Anyway you wait until you see what he's done with the things he's found.This is part of a little display on the top of the bar which also has fishing rods suspended, a glass window with bright window clings as part of the roof.I'm not sure where this skull was found but it's about 50cm long and we're not sure what type of animal it's from.This is a gate made from driftwood and upside down bottles of all different colours. It is STUNNING!!

These bottle used to belong to our Grandfather.Another collection of items grouped together next to the BBQ. I tell you if he ever decides on a change of career maybe he could be a merchandiser like me instead of a meatworker.These wind chimes just make the most gorgeous noise. They really do sound like ocean bouys. They are about 60cm long and are just these big rusty bits of metal suspended from the tree. The second photo is in the bar area and the rope is actually wrapped all around the downpipe.This is another one of the gates out of the area. How cool is the handle. The hinges are black metal with sort of a filagree style and there's a fish net above it with more bottle suspended in it.Carved on the tree Kevin 4 Karen. How sweet is that!!And Karen's artistic as well. She painted this frame and arranged all the postcards and things on it and it's in their lounge room. It look sooooo nice.By the time Daddy was finished his install it was 5 o'clock so we headed down to the beach for a play. Jack just loves digging holes. He got pretty wet and by the time we went back to the car his feet were a bit purple but he just loved it. I just love this photo.




Then today I headed out to the local TAFE for lunch with my Mum, Grandma & Aunt's. It's was just delicious today. If there's a TAFE in your area you should check it out. For $12 you get 3 courses and the main is a smorgasboard of about 6 wet dishes, 4-6 salads, veges, roasts & breads. There's normally about 4 or 5 options for entrees and deserts as well. Absolutely fantastic value. I couldn't eat dinner tonight though.

K, I'm off to watch So You Think You Can Dance. Go Neil!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I love those pics Jody,how clever is your brother! Those beacch pics are gorgeous too!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous pic's, What a clever brother, My hubby colects stuff too, but his just looks like junk!!..lol.....

Stunning beach pic's!.....boy your little man is growing up so fast!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...