Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Yuuummmmm...cupcakes...

I was blog hopping last night and on Donna's blog she had a link to a cupcake site which had more links to other cupcake sites and now I think I've found a new obsession. LOL. So of course today I just had to make some cupcakes. I used this recipe for the cakes which is a nice easy recipe that dosn't need any special ingredients. The cake was a nice light consitancy, very fluffy. I quartered the recipe so I only made 6 cupcakes and then I split the mix and made half vanilla and half lime & coconut. They are just topped with a basic buttercream icing but again in two flavours, basic vanilla and yummy coconut. The vanilla cakes are topped with little silver balls which are out of the neat Christmas 5's pack (this is the fairy version, there's a few different varieties, they're very cool) I got from Woolies the other day. And here's Jack, the official taste tester.This is the lime and coconut with coconut icing.

This is the vanilla...And look, I scrapped!! Well digi scrapped at least. I love this photo of Jack although he does look a bit sad. I just had to use this new digi paper I got today, the green background. I LOVE the colour. Credits. Papers and embellishments fom PARADISIAK Saveur Acidulé by Fanette 2007, extra ribbons by Tabby Lewis.

And this layout is for the Scrappy Days design team.

In other very exciting news, my friend Michelle had a baby girl , Heidi Grace. I'm going to go for a visit tomorrow so there will be photos to follow. This is the second round of babies for our playgroup families and they've all been girls, four of them. I hope the girl vibe sticks around for if I ever get pregnant.

2 comments:

debbiedo said...

Cupcakes look yummy!!!!!

Love the layouts, Jack is looking so grown up lately.

Yay on the new baby news, I think it's time for you have have one too ;)

Deb

Amie said...

Those cupcakes look yummo.... I always want my icing to look like that! How do you do it? I am guessing you have piped it on :o)

I am off to check out the blogs, Love your LO's

Amie xx

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...