Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Halloween!!

Halloween isn't something we normally do but after seeing the Martha Stewart website this year I couldn't resist so I threw a little dinner party for Jack's playgroup friends and their parents.Jack helped me scoop the insides out of the pumpkin to make the jack-o-lantern. I couldn't believe it but at Woolworths they had big round orange pumpkins that they called jack-o-lantern pumpkins for $20!! I just bought a normal pumpkin for $6. :PI spread some fake cobwebs around for that extra spooky effect. They looked so authentic. I put them inside and out. I also made some bat cutouts to hang around as well. And a swarm of spiders on the front door. Pretty spooky hey? Thanks Martha Stewart, you rock!!Here's the kids all ready to head of trick or treating. Don't they look adorable. I had taken bags of lollies over to a couple of the neighbours houses and asked if the kids could come t or t'ing and the folks we did visit just loved it, seeing the kids in costume and handing out the lollies. Betty from across the road even made little cards to give the kids. The kids thought it was great. I just hope Jack dosn't expect lollies from them every time we see them. Here's Ollie the chef in the kitchen with Jack the chicken.
Here's some photos of Jack's chicken costume. Dosn't he look adorable. We actually had to pay him to wear the costume. We started off a ninety cents but he held out for $1.40. I'm so pleased that he wore his costume. It didn't take me long to make obviously but I would have been dissapointed if he wouldn't wear it.
And here's the table decorations. I made capsicum jack-o-lanterns with artificial candles inside and pinched a couple of pumpkin leaves from the over the neighbours fence.We had mashed boo-tatoes (thanks Martha) with pot roast and veges anda boo-tiful cake (thanks again Matha) and pumpkin pie for desert. Isn't it cute. The inside was meant to be red but ended up a gorgeous fuschia colour.And while I'm blogging (since I've been so slack lately) here are some pictures from our Sunday walk with Grandma. Here are some beautiful water lillies. I love water lillies, they look so magical. I can just imagine little water nyphs lying on the lilly pads.This grass tree had the most incredible spike. It' s just huge. My Mum's a shorty (about 5ft 1) but check out how huge it is.And I normally am not fussed on yellow flowers but these were so sweet. It's actually a tree but don't they look like little orchids. I didn't even notice the little ladybug in there until I looked at the photo on my computer. And here's Jack and Daddy on the monorail at the park. Jack loved it. I did a couple of rounds of the track with him as well and I thought it was scary as. It's pretty bloody high.And my gorgeous agapanthus. I love the colour of agapanthus.Ciao

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow great halloween pic's!...the kids are so cute!...and your decorations are fab!...I saw those boo-tatoes on MS site..you did a great job...

ROFL at the bribe! "holding out for $1.40" ...lol... classic!!!! you just gotta love em!

flippin heck! $20 for a pumpkin!

I miss seeing you wonderful LO's....are you posting them anywhere else?

AngC said...

Your halloween decorations look great....LOVE the capsicums! They are just too cute!!

debbiedo said...

OMG, what an effort you put in for halloween! Everything looks great.

Deb

Kim Nutley said...

Oh love all that halloween stuff it all looks great, you did and excellent job !!!!!!!!!!!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...