Thursday, October 25, 2007

Well it's been a long time between posts...

I've really had nothing to blog about and still don't really I guess. Owen is on holidays for a couple of weeks so we've just been sort of hanging around the house and stuff. Owen has been doing some handyman stuff around the house. Before Christmas last year we converted our garage into a theatre room and so while Owen's on holiday he's been finishing the plastering on the reverse of the wall. I had joked when the job originally started that I'd expect to see the laundry finished in about five years so we're not doing too badly. Jack of course is being a big help to Daddy. Owen's also built himself a new desk from scraps and it looks great. I think he even suprised himself. Here are a couple of photos of the boys at work. I'll be glad when it's finished.

I can't beleive how well our garden is growing at the moment. Years and years ago Owen bought a irrigation system and he just put it in a few months ago and now that the weather is warming up the gardens are going great. I really need to get some colour in though but still it's looking lush. And check this out...my beautiful gardenia flowered. It's first flower. I was really excited because I normally have bad luck with gardenias.You can tell who my boy takes after can't you. Here they both are doing their cheesy smiles. And check out Jack's cute necklace they made at daycare for pink ribbon day. And check out my new blackboard in my kitchen. In that Brothers and Sisters show in the mistress's house at the back of the kitchen they have a full wall that's all blackboard and I do have a wall that would have been great for just that but we decided that it probably wasn't a good idea to teach Jack that it's okay to write on walls so I just painted up a big piece of mdf and stuck it up above the bench. It looks cute.And look...I scrapbooked...well digi scrapped at least. It's for EB's Friday challenge.

credits. ksharonkdesigns-notepaper, tracey collins-recoloured cherries jubilee paper, retrodiva-no room for romance paper intensified, sumnmer driggs-lace, rhonna farrer-free pea kit paper, christina renee-stand up kit frames and ribbon,espresso doodle chippie.

Righteo, I'm off to bed.

Night.

2 comments:

AngC said...

Hi Jody!

Love your blackboard idea, it looks great!!

Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody....I'm waaaaayy behind in my bloging!....so sorry to have missed your post about Miss O..((hugs))

Fab blackboard idea!..I will have to check out MW site too!

I'm so jealous!!....I love gardenias, but had no luck with mine!...I did get a few flowers, but the bush never looked healthy, so matter what I gave it!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...