Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What a bargain!!

I can't beleive the bargain I got today at Target. I bought a Playdough Creativity Centre for $17, they're normally $59.95 and all that was wrong with it was a five centimeter split in the lid. Here's a piccy of what it looks like

It has so many bits and pieces and there's still room to fit all the playdough junk we already have in it as well. I was stoked. And to top it all of K-Mart had a further 50% off their easter eggs which were already half price. And I could have gotten a free Gotcha photo but we were pressed for time. I'm so peeved, I love their photos. Maybe I'll go back tomorrow or Saturday.

Owen was off today and is off tomorrow as well so I'm going to check the calendar and am hoping we'll be able to take Jack to the library tomorrow for the story reading. It's so great that they have that, the kids have such a fab time. They have a craft activity at the end as well but normally Jack has ants in his pants by then but we havn't been in a while so we might give it a go.

We also did drive by's off the public schools this afternoon to check out the grounds. Having never had a child before I'm not sure how it works with public school. Do you get to choose which school you want or is it allocated? Some friends of ours have a three year old and when they went to book him in to school they could only get a placement at one school so I guess it's something I'd better look into. Not that I'm wanting to push my baby to school early though, I was nearly crying in the car but I want him to go to a nice school, somewhere shady with cool play equipment.

Anyhoo, that's it for my boring life at the moment. Jack had a late nap this afternoon and is now refusing to sleep and Owen and I are half way through a movie. SIGH!! Oh well, he's got to fall asleep sometime...dosn't he?? At the moment he keeps slapping me out of the blue and wanting kisses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that is a bargin!!! :) Good on ya... love a bargin!

Also about your last post... Jody I feel so sad for you. I've had a few problems in the past, but nothing major and nothing over a year of trying and a bit of clomid couldn't fix! It's terrible isn't it, the fighting, the sadness, the depression... it's like you don't you should bring a baby into that, but you KNOW it's only for that moment and once you do conceive and have another gorgeous little bubby it'll all be history.... OK thinking positive there for you ;)

In short... there's nothing I can say or do to help (wouldn't want to DO anything in that department anyway ;P) LOL But I feel for you Jody. Take care and keep on doing what us animals do best :) - procreating that is!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...