Thursday, April 26, 2007

One of my new favourite things!!

This morning after we dropped Daddy to work, Jack and I ate vegemite toast in bed for breakfast. It was so nice and relaxing. It was actually just meant to be me eating the toast but Jack stole some. He was watching Play with me Sesame and I was surfing the net. How good does that sound?

After we finished our leisurely breakfast we rushed around getting ready to go to pour Pixie photo appointment. Well actually I rushed around getting both of us ready while Jack just watched TV but hey it works for us! I used the last of my bounty bag vouchers which were such a bargain, well...free actually and the photo that you get is HUGE!! I think it went well. Jack was a bit of a wriggle monster and didn't want to play with the props that he was meant to but I think they'll be okay. Not that I probably going to buy any anyway.

Then we headed out to the Warehouse (discount shop) and I pick up a few things. I got a cute little bath pack to give to Mum for Mothers Day, some notepads and some other bits and pieces. I actually went looking for some canvas's but they didn't have the size I wanted.

I was really just killing time for an appointment in the afternoon so we stopped at a new garden store in town and I bought a really cool metal ornament for the garden. It's a big gerbera hanging on stake. Then we went to All About House which is the most gorgeous shop. It's in a beautiful old church and they have the nicest stuff, furniture and accessories. I bought an artificial water lilly plant to go in my little water pot at the front door. I think it's a bit big but it's soooooo pretty. Hang on, I'll go and take a photo.
After that we headed off to the shopping centre and as I was waiting to cross over the carpark I came across an elderly lady standing at the edge of the road crying. Of course I asked her if she was okay and she replied that she was fine. I had to wait for quite a few cars so I couldn't help but ask again, if she was okay or if she needed to borrow a phone or something. Anyhoo, it turns out she was waiting for her husband and wasn't sure where or when he was picking her up and she had had a bit of a bad day and he was being a right royal pain in the butt. She thanked me for listening, gave me a pat on the arm and said she'd be right now that she'd had a cry and a winge. Me on the other hand, I walked away thinking well f#ck, I thought for sure you'd be able to train your husband by that age. :P The poor old chook, I felt so bad for her, she was even from out of town.

Jack had fallen asleep in the car so I decided to have a browse through Loot and then grab a bite to eat and then I headed to my appointment which was to have a look at the Gotcha photos of Jack from last week (yes, I am one of those Mum's that makes her child sit there at every freebie photo place). I ended up buying the large portrait cause you can even see Jack's teeth, oooh hang on I'll scan them. So I sent Owen a message so that he's have time to calm down before he came home from work. Hee hee hee. Then I had a browse through a few other shops and then when Jack woke up we stopped for a coffee and a ride on Thomas the tank engine and then we headed home.
So there you go. That's my day in a nutshell.

And I guess I better post my latest LO's too.


And here's the original digi version...


Digi credits-The fonts are Hard Rock for the running and GF Halda Smashed for the typewriter font. As for everything else, the papers, brads, frame and buttons are from Funky Floral Freebie - Leah Riordan Designs, the things to be done list is by Sarah Batdorf and the backgound paper is by Katie Pertiet.

Oh and I've got some big scrappy news but I don't know whether I can say or not yet. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

amanda said...

Jody those photos of jack are just STUNNING!! Gosh i bet you are thrilled to bits with them! Beautiful.

Love your purchases! The lily is WOW!

And aren't you a sweetie with the older lady and the bad day. I bet she felt like a load had been taken off after a vent to you. What a lovely person you are to stop and take the time to listen.

And what is you scrappy news missy?? huh huh huh?

Anonymous said...

ARRRR I hate secrets!!! You can tell me.... huh?

I read the story about the old lady and nearly spat my drink all over the puter when I came to the bit where you said an obscene profanity ;P and you think you'd be able to train your husband by that age!!! LMAO, that was hilarious! I agree though... my husband wouldn't dare do that to me LOL!

Oh and OMG how much has Jack grown up... he looks like a little man in those photos... just gorgeous!

Sarah said...

oh you are so nice jodes!

those pics are great!!

so what's the news :P

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...