Sunday, April 22, 2007

Busy weekend!!

Well, we've had a bit of a busy weekend. On Saturday we went and picked up Grandma Joy (my Mum) and off we went. Firstly we stopped in at the shopping centre so I could post off my April recipe cards and get some Gotcha photos taken of Jack. I can't wait to see the photos, they come every couple of months and the last couple of times I havn't really liked any of the shots but I generally like their photos. After that we headed over to check out the orchid show. I LOVE orchids, they are such beautiful flowers and so unusual and there's just so much variation. Then we headed over to the home & leisure show and plant show but they sucked. It was $7 entry per person and there was really nothing much to see. There was one local store that had a fantastic display and Bunnings were running some cool demonstrations but overall it was disappointing. And there was the most awful lady running the ice cream stall there. She kept picking on the trainee (both women were in their late 30's or early 40's) and it was very uncomfortable to have to listen to. The lady in front of me had her order mixed up and the awful woman made such a big deal about it, the customer kept saying don't worry, it's okay and the stall owner was such a bitch about it. So anyway, when it was my turn I told the trainee what I wanted, a large caramel thickshake but with just one squirt of syrup which is exactly what she told bitchy, but as bitchy was making it she was talking out loud and said milkshake so I corrected her and said no it was a thickshake, so she started to have a go at the trainee so I said, well actually that is exactly what you were told and that it was her that made the mistake. I just couldn't keep out of it. She was just sooooo mean.
So then Saturday night we went over to Simon & Kerryn's which was really nice and relaxing. Sitting around chatting and eating nibbles. Their pool area has been finished, hence the party, and it looks fantastic. They got a rectangular pool put in with decking all around it and a thatched roof hut. It looks gorgeous.
And then this morning, after a sleep in and a HUGE rush around we went to Jack's little friend, Oliver's 2nd Birthday party. That was great fun. Jack is so funny to watch. He is just so independant. He was off dancing all by himself and I don't know, it's hard to explain, he just seems so confident and seems like he owns his space. He's getting a bit bossy though and man can he throw a tantie. Anyway, now we're having a relaxing afternoon. I'm surfing the net and Jack's watching the Wiggles.
Oh and for any Survivor fans out there. You wait until you see epidsode 10 of the next series. The turn of events at tribal council and the faces of the contestants is very cool. Some people just get too cocky don't they in that game? And speaking of reality TV, Big Brother starts tonight, WOOHOO!!, I'm excited

2 comments:

debbiedo said...

Love your bargain find, don't you just love finding a bargain!

Good luck with the TTC. I've been on that merry go round, hence the massive age gap of my kids. I understand the heartache and sincerely hope your wait isn't a long one.

XXX Deb

Angela said...

What great shots of Jack. He is such a cutie.

I want to wish you all the best in TTC as well.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...