Thursday, May 17, 2007

My new camera!!

Well, guess what I got, although I realise the title gives it away. I got a digital SLR for Mother's Day. I realise it's a bit of an extravagent gift for Mother's Day but we were going to get one and any excuse is a good one plus I think Owen was feeling guilty because he just go some new LCD flat screen monitor or something like that. Anyhoo so I've only had a little play with it and my photos are very amateur so I've only got one to post...
Jack looks like he's got really red hair but irl it's only just a little tinge however he is as white as snow irl :P so that's true to colour. We got the Nikon D40X and it's a really great camera. Nice and quick, very easy to hold etc etc now all I need to do is learn how to take photos like Clair, Michelle or Fiona and I'll be set.
In other news...well there's none. On Monday we went to the Crazy Joker, kids amusement place, which was SOOOOOOO much fun. My favourite bit was the giant slide, unfortunately for Jack. He was okay the first couple of times but the last time I had to practically drag him down. I'm very claustraphobic and not the most petite of girls so in some areas of the big activity thing I had to tell myself to breath deeply, don't panic, but it was great fun.
Worked on Tuesday which was good. We've got lots of new stock arriving at the moment which I find very exciting. So I'm having a great time doing up some new displays and things. I'll take some photos tomorrow actually.
Wednesday and today, Jack and I have just been hanging around the house. I've been doing some digital prints for the entertainment room and not much else. I have a layout half finished sitting in my scrap room but I just don't have the mojo at the moment. Been overthinking a few things lately I think and it's gotten me a bit down in the dumps but anyhoo, it's nearly the weekend and Owen's off so it should be good.
We watched the Survivor final last night. I cried!! Any Survivor fans out there you just wait until you see this season, Survivor Fiji. It's one of the best seasons so far I think, they've come up with some good twists and things.
Anyhoo, better go and get Jack bathed and put dinner on.
Ciao!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh how cute is he Jody,love the pic!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrat on your new toy!..looking forward to seeing lots of new pics...

amanda said...

yay on the camera! I know it is all a bit daunting LOL.

Great photo of Jack - the straw looks amazing!

And mwah to you - dont overthink things mate (says one overthinker to another ;) ) I hope it is all sorted out for you now anyways.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...