Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hmmmmm....

What to post, what to post?...

Well nothing extraordinarily exciting has been going on in my life. I just don't seem to have much time at the moment.

Jack is gorgeous as normal but is a little sh*t at bed time. I just don't know what to do about that. Dee posted some great tips on EB the other day and I would love to try to get him to go to bed at a decent hour and in his own bed but I just can't stand the crying. I can't beleive that a child that gets up at 8ish and dosn't have a sleep most days can stay awake until 10 o'clock at night. At least most nights he's sleeping through in his own bed so I'm happy with that. I guess one reason we have such a bad night time routine is that I'm too lazy but by 7 o'clock at night after entertaining Jack all day and trying to do some things around the house and then making dinner etc I just couldn't be stuffed. I know in the long run it would benefit me but...but...I don't know. Anyhoo, next...

Jack's birthday is getting close. I'm really excited about his party. I hope my cake turns out okay but it should, it looks simple enough. I've made masks for the kids and have bought the prizes for the games, planned the menu, done the thank you cards, organised the decorations. All I really need to do is the loot bags, oh and I want to make a banner too. His last birthday party just seemed so chaotic and then with the rain. OMG!! Most of the food for this time is able to be cooked the night/day before so that should ease the stress a bit. Jack pointed to a picture of a girl with a cake and said birthday and candles so I'm sure that this year he's going to be aware of what's going on and we're having his party at the gardens and he loves it there so I'm sure he's going to have fun.

Scrapping...LOVE IT!! I can't beleive I've been scrapping for nearly 2 years now and I still enjoy it soooo much. There are so many beautiful products out there. I know Owen thinks it's just a waste of time/money/space but I think even he appreciates the finished product. Some pages I just look at and think 'how amateur' but some I really love. I hope that my child/children and grandchildren enjoy them in the future. I'm sure I would. The idea of sharing with future generations exactly what you were like/doing at a particular point in your life is just so appealing. And being able to recollect memories from looking at the pages is something I really look forward to.

Jack is addicted to Circ de Soleil. I find it really wierd. He will sit and watch nearly a whole DVD. I wonder if he realises how incredible the things these people can do are. He gets really excited and jumps and runs around and tries to do forward rolls so I know he realises that they are doing something energetic. It's just so funny. And he really loves music. He sings and dances all the time. There's a Jack Johnson lullaby CD we play in the car and he 'lalala's' along with it. It's adorable, he's adorable. I love him so much. I could kiss him a thousand times a day, even when he's being naughty. He's actually a pretty well behaved child. He's not very good at stopping when you ask him to but in general he's pretty good and he's so polite. He was telling the cat the other day, "Kitti-Mae, get here...please". It sounds so cute. And this morning I was going to the loo and he was out in the lounge room calling out, "Mommy, where are you?" I can't beleive how well he's talking. He speaks in sentances for crying out loud. I know I'm his Mum but I'm sure he's exceptionally bright. :P

Well, that's enough blabbering for me, I'll just post some LO's.






1 comment:

debbiedo said...

Hope you get Jacks routine sorted out soon, for your own sake! Ryan could easily do what Jack does too, stay up to un-godly hours, must be a toddler thing.

Your pages look fab! Good luck with the party, sounds like it's going to be so much fun.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...