Sunday, August 13, 2006

My Weekend...

I've had quite a nice weekend. On Saturday, Jack and I went out. We went to the library and got some magazines and books then across the road to Scrappy Days and picked up some goodies. I got a new range of Crate Paper which I can't wait to use. Then we headed off to the other scrap shop in town but Jack fell asleep in the car on the way over. Luckily they have a lounge so I plonked him down and had a fantastic time browsing through everything. I bought some papers and ribbons and then sat and flicked through some magazines while I waited for Jack to wake up.
Then we headed off to grab some lunch and do some shopping and then back home to unpack the groceries. Picked up Owen from work, got Jack bathed and got our stuff together then headed off to S & K's to babysit. When we got there the kids were already asleep so we watched a bit of croc dundee (woowee) and then the Iron Chef!!! on the projector. I love Iron Chef, those guys are so clever to make things up just on a whim like that. So anyhoo, now Owen of course wants a projector. Our TV's over 12 years old and everyone's green for the first 10 minutes when you turn it on.
Today Mum, Grandma, Jack and I went to the multi-cultural fair at the Uni. It was great to have a look around but I was a little disappointed. I thought they would have had more cultural things to see. I found a great bracelet that Grandma's going to put away for my birthday and a pendant for Mum to give me. There were a lot of different food stalls but we just all got yum cha. This afternoon after Owen got home we went and collected for the Leukemia Foundation just in our street then we decided to take the dogs for a walk. I'll go grab the camera and take a photo of the dogs so you can see what I'm talking about. Poppy (the black and white dog) was fine. She's normally all over the place but she was really well behaved today and just walked beside the pram. Bella on the other hand. Well, she's a fatty and she suffers from arthritis so we hadn't even gotten a block from our place and she needed a rest. We live a block away from a shopping centre which we'd decided to walk around today so Owen went and found a trolley and stuck the bloody dog in it. We would have looked so strange.
Anyhoo, that's my weekend in a nutshell. Pretty boring stuff hey.

3 comments:

amanda said...

wow Jody - you have been flat strap!

i love the crate papers too - bummer but i probably wont see them in my tiny LSS til 2009 pmsl - soooooooooo slow (grrrrrrr)

LOL at your green people on the TV. Ours is 10 years old and looks so tiny compared to the humoungous screens you can get now!

debbiedo said...

Gosh that sounds like a busy weekend! LOL at Jack asleep at the scrap shop, what a cutie!

Don't talk to me about tv's. Ari has been bugging me to get a plasma/LCD thingy for years! There's no hope in hell he is getting one anytime soon, maybe when they get down to $1000 I might consider it. LOL

Deb

Dani said...

Damn my kids would never sleep like that, they would sense we were in a scrap shop and wake up just to be pains.LOL

Oh and I know how you feel about the tv. Ours sh*t it self the other night and I was rubbing my hands together going hey a plasma!! Then Brad fixed the bloody thing. So back to the ancent tv for us. Our tv and microwave are both from the dark ages, Brad keeps fixing them,I swear we will never get new ones.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...