Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Well....

A quick rundown of what we've been up to...
Something very exciting happened this week!! The new Stockland shopping centre extension opened!!! ROCKY NOW HAS THE BODY SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAY!!!
The extension is very nice, much larger than I thought it was going to be and oh so many new stores. It's so nice to have so many choices!! Jack and I went to the grand opening on Thursday with my friend Charlene and her little daughter Aeryon and then we went again on Friday with Owen. I bought a really nice pair of earrings but not much else. On Friday when we went with O we were sitting watching the clown do his magic show, O was standing up the back behind us. The clown came down into the crowd to let the kids pat the bunny rabbit and then handed it to O and went back up on stage, then he called O up on stage to bring the rabbit up. He asked him to help with the show and got this tiny little bike for O to ride (he fell off, he said it was just acting), then O helped the clown ride the bike. Teeheehee, it was very funny, Jack's eyes were glued to the stage.
Also on Thursday my Aunt Diane and Uncle Paul arrived from Sydney. They came up for the triathlon that was on at Yeppoon on the weekend. It is soooooooo nice to see them. They came over on Thursday night do some stuff on the computer and then Diane showed me all the photos from their trip to Europe. The architecture and sculptures and murals and things are just awesome, absolutely breathtaking.
On Saturday night, Coach Grice had organised for the kids to play a little exhibition game during half time at the local soccer match. Jack was hilarious. He ran around the field, not really doing much at all, just running, he decided he wanted to be goalie and went and stood watch over a goal, unfortunately it was a spare net that was off to the side, not even part of the game he was in and then he went and found a spare ball off the field and brought that in to play as well so there were two balls on the field. He had fun, that's the important thing + there was a jumping castle. What more could a four year old ask for, running around kicking a ball with friends and then a jumping castle, perfect way to spend a Saturday night.
So after Jack's soccer on Sunday morning we headed down to the coast to watch the triathlon. We didn't get there until lunchtime so they were already on the run leg. It's incredible to think that people can push their bodies to such extremes. Five or six hours of constant exercise, I just cannot imagine how that would feel. And look at Paul, over five hours of swimming, cycling and running and he can still manage a smile on his final pass by. Amazing.Here's our motley crew, my Mum, my Grandma & Grandad, my Aunt Diane and my Uncle Rob and down the front, Jack (of course) and Paul recovering on the grass.After the race we headed back to the beach house and then down to the beach for a bit of a splash. It was a bit windy and a wee bit chilly, not that Jack minded though. We got down there and he ran down to the end of the beach where there were a group of kids and then right down the other end of the beach and then we came back to the middle and he splashed and dug and yelled and kicked and ran around until the cold finally got the better of him.He was so funny. He would stand in the shallows, fighting the waves as the came in and screaming out at the ocean, "You want a piece of me". He's been using that phrase a bit lately, not sure where he picked that up from. Then he was yelling something about "by the power of ????", don't know where that has come from either, maybe the Power Rangers. It was so funny to watch.Monday was back to the norm, work/daycare and then soccer in the afternoon. Today daycare were having a Pirate day!! Perfect for us since Jack had a pirate party this year, we already had a costume and I sent along some of the party paraphernalia we had left over.Jack and I baked a batch of cupcakes and I made up some pirate face toppers. Apparently they were a hit but Jack tells me he missed out so now he wants me to make another batch for him. And lastly here is my entry for last week for the Embellished Idol competition. Unfortunately I havn't made it through to the next round. I might still do some of the challenges though, time permitting.
Well that it from me. I'm off to do my tax, exciting hey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo Jody. I certainly looked better than I felt (in both photos).

Good to see you all

Love
Paul

Donna said...

wow Jack has grown!...can believe he's playing in the water, I suppose it's gota to be warmer where you are!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...