Sunday, August 30, 2009

Playdates with friends

On Friday Jack and I went over for a playdate with his friend Jared and his little sister. It's interesting to see boys playing together. The whole fight/wrestle/roughhouse thing must just be inbuilt in their genetics. It makes them seem so grown up already. I think next year with the influences from school are going to make a big difference to Jack's play behaviour. I think because he's an only child he may get a bit of a shock when he's mixed with so many other kids. He goes to daycare of couse and there are a few kids there that are a bit rough and it's always one of the first things he tells me about. I'm having lots of mother worries already and school is still months and months away. Maybe I really should home school him.

It wasn't all wrestling though, we went outside and the kids played playdough for awile before having a bit of a kick around with the ball and some chasey.Jared making some playdough wormsJack and that tongue...And look, it's catching...And then yesterday our friend Tricia invited us over for a BBQ and a play. Jack wanted to take over his bubble stuff. Here's Sofie making some giant bubblesAnd here's little Piper. She was having a ball trying to eat everything in site, the sand, some leaves...Jack playing in the sandpit.Sofie hanging upside down on the monkey bars. And as we were leaving the kids got to do sparklers...
This morning Jack and I went to the movies with my friend Charlene to see "Up". It was a lovely movie, sad and sweet and funny and nice. Animated movies nowdays are just so well done. The colours and the amazing details were just stunning. It's a very nice family movie to see but be warned I did tear up a few times.
Ciao

1 comment:

Donna said...

hehe jack and his tongue!...I'm sure I said this last time, but wow he's grown up so much!...Ethan is an only child too, and is in Pre-Primary this year, so I know what your mean about the school worries, but he loves been with all the kids :)

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...