Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday at the Great Western

My friend Tricia phoned me this morning to let me know that there was a family fun day on at a local pub called The Great Western. I really really needed to be cleaning my house but I just can't stand the thought of missing out on something fun so Jack and I headed off to check it out. When we got there it was not quite the crowds I was expecting, apparently it was just a small event so our kids ended up with the jumping castle practically to themselves all morning and jump they did!!
Jack, always with that tongue sticking out...
Ollie...and Sofie (she's calling out to her Dad who's a chef there in this photo, "Dad, watch me")I love this photo.And here's Jack's little gravel rashed patches from where he slid across the dirt on his face the other day, his legs move faster than his body some times.And having a ride on the shetland pony. This very same pony was used just moments earlier as a bucking pony for some of the young cowboys and was still giving the odd little skip around when the kids were riding on it.And Jack hanging off the rails of the bull ring.We did see some bull riding and some juniors on some potty calves as well. Crazy sport that bull riding, definately not something I hope Jack wants to do in the future.
And here's a couple of photos from our bubble blowing session the other afternoon.

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...