Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to y'all!!

When Jack finally woke up this morning he went on a little easter egg hunt. That silly old easter bunny had dropped eggs all over the house, he was very clumsy.Here's a very happy Jack with his massive stash of eggs. He just LOVES chocolate so he was over the moon!!Especially when he saw that easter bunny had brought him some kinder surprises. It's Owen's last day of holidays today. We havn't got anything special planned though, if the weather wasn't so bad we were going to go to the beach. I guess we'll just have some family time, munging out on chocolate.

I've been watching some cooking DVD's lately, The Cook & The Chef and Bill's Food (Bill Granger) and I've been all inspired to cook so the other day I made some pasta from scratch for lasagne.Some home baked bread using this recipe. We all had fresh bread, straight from the over. It was a little sweet but a nice texture.And we have a prolificly producing lime tree in our vege patch so I also made some lime cordial. It's very yummy and easy to make, it's just sugar syrup and lime juice.
Speaking of the garden, check out this...
We have had this agave for yonkers. It's been moved all over the joint, planted, replanted, potted, knocked about, picked at by Jack and look at it now!! The spike is huge, over a metre for sure. The stem had babies galore all over it. I've been propergating it for awhile now, we have them throughout our garden. I can't wait to see the flower.

We took Jack to the movies the other day to see Monsters Vs Aliens. We've been waiting for something decent to be released to take him to because he asks when he can go everytime we drive past. Owen and I found it a little slow, Jack seemed to like it but he had a few nervous moments and did make some comments afterwards about monsters. He had been given a Bob for his birthday so I think that made it a little less scary for him. Owen took a photo with his phone of Jack with the big box of popcorn. It was nearly as big as him.
Well I think I might go and bake something.
See ya.

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...