Monday, March 02, 2009

Introducing Google'ly

So my Mumma came over yesterday for her regular Sunday arvo visit and brought with her my nephew Joe and my neice Rasharna. Jack just loves spending time with Joe and Sharnie. Whenever Mum comes over she brings different things for Jack to do like sticker books or little games and things so Joe and Rasharna each brought him three things to do and helped him do the activities while Mum and I had a coffee and a chat. Then we headed out for our regular walk to the park. Along the edge of the water at the creek were hundreds of tadpoles and Jack wanted to bring some home (thanks Curious George), so Sharnie found a discarded cup and on our way back home she fished out two tadpoles for Jack. He promptly named them Funny & Google'ly. Google'ly is the black sploodgy thing in the right of the photo. Funny's a bit camera shy. My camera is of course still broken and my old point and shoot needs a new card so I took this photo with Jack's Lightening McQueen digipix camera.

So we're making our way home, sharing the tadpole carrying duties between Jack, Sharnie & myself and we crossed the creek further up than normal where Joe had discovered you could just jump over so over goes Joe, over goes Sharnie piggy-backing Jack, over goes Mum and Me and the tadpoles followed up the rear. I didn't thinking jumping across would be such a good idea considering the tapole carry cup was starting to leak a bit so I walked through the water, stepped onto the centre island and SANK!!! Way up to my knee, took the next step and sank, slurpily pulled my leg out of the first sink hole, took a step and sank AND lost my shoe!! My Mum's trying to pull me clear and I'm just saying "Save the tadpoles!! Save the tadpoles!!" So I lost both shoes but retrieved one out of the sticky sink hole, Mum tried and couldn't get the other out either. So I walked the rest of the way home with one shoe on, one shoe off, a leaking Hungry Jack's cup carrying some creek slime, weed and 2 tadpoles and mud up to my knees.

What an adventure!!

1 comment:

Dani said...

Oh Googo'ly? is very cute! LOL at your adventure, hope they weren't your favourite shoes!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...