Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend round up...

Well we did a few fun things on the weekend. On Saturday we did a little bit of shopping and then in the afternoon we went to Aeron's 1st Birthday party!! She looked just gorgeous in her little ladybug costume. And check out the cool cake Charlene made...
On Sunday morning I did a big clean of the house which has been looking like a bomb hit it for weeks now and then Grandma came over in the afternoon. Mum's been bringing these great activity books over for Jack that teach all sorts of different things like shape and colour recognition, basic spelling and maths and stuff. They are really great books. She also bought a rubberband propeller plane too which we took to the park with us.
Here's Jack doing a "corn field"Jack and Grandma checking out the fish in the creek.The water was really clear and there were heaps of fish. We saw a few very fast moving 'things' too. My guess is eels.When we got home after our walk, we were walking up the street and I think it was Mum (all happened pretty quickly) pointed out a snake in OUR gutter. Bllllluuuueeeerrrrkkkk!! Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. So I ran to the side yard to grab a shovel and came racing back out just as it got to the grass. So Mum took Jack inside and got our dogs inside(Poppy of course was right at the fence where we were, trying to get a pat). So anyway, I couldn't get to the snake in time and it dissappeared into our garden!! YUCKO!!! I'm not terribly fond of snakes. So last night our dogs would have felt very spoilt I'm sure, being allowed to sleep inside. We've let them back into the yard today though and I hope the snake has slithered elsewhere. Yuck, yuck and double yuck!!
My friend Tricia, sent me an SMS this morning asking if Jack would like to come to the park for a bike ride. He's not too bad on his bike. Has a bit of an issue with getting started still but he's getting better and he definately knows how to use the brake now.After the ride, we had a little play at the park.

That's all folks. Jack and I are having a lazy afternoon today. Hanging around the house, eating fresh baked M&M cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just love seeing all the photos of your adventures with Jack!!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...