Thursday, March 26, 2009

Jack & I...

spent some time out in the yard this afternoon. Well firstly he wanted to ride his bike so we did a few trips up and down the street. Luckily he dosn't ride very fast so I can basically walk alongside him. We live in a very very quite street which is nice, although it wasn't so quite this afternoon with the drone of training wheels on the bitumen and the constant mother call of "concentrate, stay near the gutter, slow down a bit, be careful". I'm sure our neighbours wouldn't mind though, I think they like seeing the kids grow up.
So after our biking adventure we had a bit of a play in the yard. A bit of totem tennis, Jack gave up after the second ball to the face, and then some giant bubbles. I really love bubbles!! They are so magical. I really, really missed my camera today. I really don't know how I coped before I got my digital SLR. My old camera is soooooooooo slow!! Speaking of my camera I got a notification that the repairs have been authorised and started so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be back before Jack's birthday which is next Friday. Here's Jack pulling one of his funny faces. He has been such a mixed bag of child lately. He is still his normal pretty well behaved kid but he's been digging his heels in about some of the things he wants and throwing little huffy tanties and then on the other hand he's been very loving and really cuddly lately too. He is so funny, he picks up the funniest things. So cute.
My friend Charlene came over on Monday for lunch and some Desperate Housewives and this week for lunch we had Shrimp Scampi with Grilled Corn and Cheddar Grits. Of course we don't have real grits here but I just use plain old polenta. It was really tasty, the best polenta I'd tasted, nice and creamy and the corn was delicious mixed in it. Owen's not very adventurous food wise so Charlene is my test kitchen taste tester.
Well, I'd better get to bed. We're going to the pool in the morning and we want to get there early.
Night.



No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...