Friday, March 13, 2009

Handstands and corn fields...

So I picked my gorgeous boy up from daycare today and we're driving home and he's telling me how he only got one time out today. Now normally he tells me about the other kids who get time outs, I'm sure he gets time outs but I don't think it's often as he's a pretty well behaved kid. So I ask him what he did to get a time out today and he told me that he was doing handstands and corn fields. PSML, how cute is that. I'm presuming he means handstands and cartwheels and when I suggested this to him he told me "corn fields" as if I'm some type of moron who dosn't know what a corn field is. I asked him what he means tonight and he did something that could represent to the untrained eye a cartwheel. I love little things like that but I find them so hard to remember. I really wish I had kept a diary of Jack growing up. I have a shocking memory and at the rate his childhood is passing I sought of feel like I'm missing it. At least if I had a written record I could read back and reminisce. Actually I might even start memory notebook, it won't matter if it's out of order and muddled about a bit.
He was funny last night too. We were watching Bondi Vet and there was a cow giving birth. The vet was up to his elbow in cow which Jack thought was quite funny, "He'll get poo on his fingers" and then as the vet was trying to pull the calf free the membranes ruptured with an almighty splosh all over the vet. Well Jack just laughed and laughed. He thought it was so hilarious.

We're coming into our busy birthday season around here at the moment. Isn't it wierd how there always seem to be so many birthday's around the same months and then there's always a couple of months of the year that are birthday quiet on the calendar.

It was recently the birthday of my beautiful niece, Rasharna. She has just started her first year of high school this year and to start off the new year she got a new hairstyle. It suits her so well. It's a gorgeous pixieish style and she even got some hightlights. It looks so nice. We had an afternoon tea at my Grandma's house and I made some cupcakes and I was so excited to use my new edible glitter. They looked so pretty and they didn't taste too bad either.
Well, I'm off to watch Grey's Anatomy. Catch u later ; )

2 comments:

Kim Nutley said...

Oh the cupcakes love devine where did you get the edible glitter?

Anonymous said...

i have a book for each of the girls and have been writing down lots of things since they were born, but poor Freya's isn't near as detailed, and i would always think..;i must write that int ehir books' and 'i wont forget' and 2 weeks later i still hadn't done it, and then forgot it!! Now i use my blog for all thse little things, so one day when i find those books and get them back out i can go through my blog and do a bit of a catch up!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...