Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Busy...busy...busy...

Well we've had a busy but enjoyable weekend.
On Saturday Jack & I went and made a very minor chip in our Christmas shopping. I don't have billions of gifts still to buy but my problem is that I know what I want to get but I just can't find it. Anyhoo, Saturday afternoon we picked up Owen's dad from the airport, he's been in Tassie visiting Owen's brother, and then we headed down to the beach to attend my Christmas party.
It was a really nice night. My boss and his wife have some spectacular art and things. Just beautiful. It was a lovely meal and great company. We even had the most delicious little pasty cups filled with a slice of smoked salmon and a cream cheese/dill combo and topped with big fat balls of caviar. They were sooooo tasty. I've eaten caviar before but not like this. This was the good stuff.
My grandparents have a beach house so we stayed down there on Saturday night and after breakfast we headed down to the beach for a romp in the surf. The water was just the most perfect temperature. Jack had an absolute ball jumping waves, chasing seagulls, digging holes, kicking the water. We even saw a quite large dead fish that had been washed up on the beach that had had it's tail bitten off!! Exciting stuff hey. After the swim we went to the shop and grabbed and ice cream and headed off to the park for a play on the swings.
This cool insect kind of looked like a lobster. It was cute so I took it's photo! :P
When we got home in the afternoon we went and saw Enchanted which is coming out soon. Jack watched most of it and only got bored during the last 20 mins or so which was all the soppy romantic part. He was so cute clapping after the big song scene. After the movie we went and picked up Grandma Joy and then went and checked out our friends Erica & Pete's new house which is being built at the moment and then we went over to the new park in town. It's just great. The little kids area is a bit so so but the main playground is just rockin'. Owen had a great time and Jack had fun too. They have this gigantic big rope web with a jumping bit in the middle, a flying fox, all sorts of cool climbing things as well as the normal playground stuff. We're probably going to go on Wednesday so I'll take some photos then. After we'd had a good play we went for a walk along the river and checked out the new jetty's and then we headed off home. Jack fell asleep in the car so he had an early night for once!! so Owen and I got to watch a movie!! Woohoo, we watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry which was absolutely freakin' hilarious. I loved it.
Owen was off today as well although he did have to go in to work for awhile this morning but when he got home I headed out to do some more Christmas shopping and then went and got my hair done. My hairs pretty light now. I took a photo but it looks lighter irl.
I also have a couple of birth announcements...
We've hatched 2 more ghecko's. We havn't been lucky enough to see one hatch yet but we still have 2 more eggs to go. Oh and the eggs got a nice new house in the birds nest Mum found the other day on our walk.
And more importantly, meet Rhya...


Isn't she just beautiful! I got to nurse her for ages this afternoon...cluck cluck cluck. She is the daughter of my friends from work, Eleanor and her husband Corey. Welcome to the world little one!

And for Donna, nope, no news here I'm afraid and the reindeer food is just rolled oats and glitter but apparently you can use jelly crystals instead of the glitter for a more child friendly version and the poem reads, "Sprinkle on the lawn at night The moon will make it sparkle bright As Santa's reindeer fly and roam This will guide them to your home. "
Ok, night everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well! Look at you you sexy beast! Love your hair!! Your weekend sounds about as busy as mine! Bubs is gorgeous xx

Anonymous said...

woohoo!..Love your hair!!

busy girl!...sounds like a great weekend...

Thanks for the Reindeer food recipe!

Brenda said...

Nice hair!
Jody are those gecko eggs about the size of peas because we had some very similar looking things come out of our Christmas tree box

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...