Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A couple of gorgeous blokes!!


My cousin Julie and her husband Steve welcomed their first born to the world on Sunday, Lachlan James. He's just gorgeous and Julie sounds so happy and relaxed. Steve's been a good father and posted heaps of photos already so I've been cluck, cluck, clucking at my computer screen. Awwwwww, babies are just soooooo adorable. Here's a piccy. Isn't he gorgous? Cluck, cluck, cluck.

And here's a photo of our little man enjoying a tim tam (am I a bad mother?) and some milk. He is just so damm handsome. I can just tell he's going to be such a heartbreaker when he gets older. He's been such a funny little thing lately. He's starting to chat like crazy and he's picked up so many words. Sometimes when I'm hold him he wraps his little arms around my neck and says 'cuddle'. He is just so precious. It makes me all teary just thinking about it. Mwah to my gorgeous boy. Mummy love you.

Hmmmm, what else, what else...

I made it through to the fourth round of Embellished Idol. Very exciting. I really wasn't sure whether I would or not. I found the minimalistic LO so hard to do. I made a bit of a boo boo on the dymo tape journalling but it's easy fixed. The competition sure is hotting up. Some of the work is phenomenal. I'm gobsmacked to still be in. Here's a link if anyone wants to check it out- http://www.embellished.com.au/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3655&cat=668

My man has been ebay shopping and you won't believe what he's bought. Let me just start off by saying that our house is small. I mean it's not like we live in a one bedroom or anything but it's not very big really. We're converting the garage into a home theatre room which is great but it's a single garage width and the laundry is at one end so it is probably a length of ten paces from one end to the next but Owen just likes gadgets and remotes so he's gone and bought and automated curtain system. He's such a cutie though.

What else, what else. I had a great day at work yesterday. I re-made quite a few bedroom suites with some new linen. I realise that for some people making beds sounds like such a chore but even just typing about it I get a little heart flutter. I really love the new Sheridan Junior range. I made up a couple of beds in these designs...
http://www.sheridan.com.au/product.asp?Product=29
http://www.sheridan.com.au/product.asp?Product=31
I really want to get the boardshorts quilt cover for Jack. I was tossing up between that one and a surferboy covelet and I ended up buying the coverlet but now that I've seen it out with the gingham sheets I want it. I should add that I'm not even really thinking of putting him in a bed for another six months or so although Owen's pushing for it though.

Anyhoo, I really should go. I've started sugar soaping walls today because my house is just driving me insane at the moment. I can't wait until our new carpet and tiles are in. I should be cleaning the stove while Jack's asleep so I better choof off. bfn.

3 comments:

Michelle Hutchinson said...

Hey there! Guess what Greg's cousin had a baby boy on Tuesday and they called him Lachlan James too - how weird is that! Must be popular! And Tim Tams are good they have milk in them which little bones need for growing!

debbiedo said...

What a cutie, yep new babies are the cutest aren't they!

Can I come to your house and watch a movie when your movie theatre is ready!

Deb

jodyg said...

Yeah, no worries Debbie. I'll even make us some popcorn.

Thanks Pauline and Melanie for your idol words of support.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...