Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Well, well, well

I know, I know. My posts lately have been few and far between. I've havn't felt myself lately and I've got a bit of a flue and been a bit busy and blah, blah, blah. So here's what's new-

Owen got a motorbike!! Very exciting and just a little worriesome. He still has to get his licence and well, learn to ride but hey all in good time. He took me to have a look through the shop window the night before he bought it and me being the girl that I am exclaimed, 'Wow, I've got a nail polish just that colour'. He's been up and down our street on it a few times (the first couple were a wee bit wobbly) but he's getting much better.

Jack's button!! Well he still has it... I think... I havn't seen it yet and quite frankly I a bit over squishing through poo for a button. Rach, you cracked me up with your question about whether it was for a special LO.

Work!! Been good, apart from the huge screaming argument I had with a customer. Whoops...well she was doing most of the yelling anyway. My boss told me in future just to let him piss the customers off. Anyhoo, lots of gorgous new stock coming in. My current favourite is this one...Salsa by Linen House. I love the pink polka dots on the back of the quilt cover. V. cute.

Scrappin- I've done a couple of pages + some stuff for the Embellished Idol comp. I'm through to the second round which is pretty exciting. My works pretty plain at the moment. Not much embellishment going on. Here's a couple of pages. Rach also asked about my submission attempt. Thanks for asking mate but I got a rejection. I'm okay with that though, it wasn't my favourite LO anyways. I might submit some more stuff soon if I see any calls come up that suit. I'm doing Elsie's 52 week challenge on EB which is going to be great fun and something a bit different.

Coming up- Owen's brother arrives in town tomorrow for a week so it'll be fantastic to catch up with him. Mum's birthday tomorrow and mine on Thursday so we're planning some mother daughter time in the next couple of days. Dinner at Mum's tomorrow night and then we're going shopping on Thursday which should be fun. Saturday I'm going to a friends place for an.. ehem, how should I put it, adult toy party?!?! I don't think I'll know many people though so it might be a bit awkward. Sunday I'm hosting my Gekho jewellery party ( a little less riske then Mags's night) then it's a new week already. I've got a few things I've got to chase up. I'm trying to pick tiles for our lounge, dining, kitchen, theatre room (sounds more impressive than it is, it used to be the garage) but everything I look at is either too grey or too cream. At least I've decided on which size tile I like. I'm waiting on a price for a twin recliner too and I think I've decided on a rug I want. We're getting some air-cons fitted next week and someones coming to quotes on replacing our garage door with a sliding one so we've got some stuff going on really.

Alrighty I better get to bed.

1 comment:

debbiedo said...

That mag is crazy to not accept your page Jody, keep trying as I am sure you'll be in print soon!

LOL at the adult party, let us know how it went!

Great pages, love the button one. And that bedspread looks devine.

GGRRR at the screaming match with a customer.... I used to be a duty manager at the club I still work at and got screamed at on a daily basis by drunken, loud mouthed gamblers.... my favourite was being called a 'f*&ken ugly four eyed bi#*h!' ahhh the joys of customer service/hospitality!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...