Friday, June 19, 2009

Something different...

You know how it is, as a parent you're always looking for some new way to bring excitement to the life of your child, teach them something new and exciting so today we took Jack 10 Pin Bowling. Well what we thought was going to be a fun filled family activity turned out to be quite frustrating. I would recommend if you're taking your 4 year old bowling for the first time ever that you only pay for one game and that everyone uses the kiddie ramp so they don't realise there is an alternative. Jack tried pushing, kicking, tossing, etc etc the ball down the alley. It was quite excruciating to watch. I swear it took a good five minutes for some of those balls to make it to the end of the alley. I'm sure he had more fun sliding around the floor than actually bowling. He did manage to get a few pins down of course, you've gotta be thankful for bumper bowling. He was really funny towards the end. He'd get his ball, line up the ramp with some help from Dad and then go all the way out of the bowling area into the cafe area to start his run up to push the ball down the ramp.
Oh well, chalk it up to experience I guess.

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...