Monday, June 15, 2009

Big day out!!

O and Jack had a day together the other day while I was at work and Jack went and helped O do an install and everything so for being such a good helpful boy Dad promised him a day at the beach. It's been pretty cold here the last week though so we changed our plans to a morning at the Crazy Joker which is a local kids amusement centre with a climbing thing, giant slide, ball pit and stuff. He had one turn on the slide by himself and one turn with Dad. He had sat up the top a few times but lost his nerve.
Sharing some of Daddy's iced coffee. It was a bit cold.When we came home hemucked around outside for awhile waiting for Grandma to come. He watered the plants, washed the wheels on Dad's car and then hosed off the jetski apparently getting it ready for Daddy's big race? (a little story he made up in his head)After a cuppa and some pie we headed over to the park armed with our gear for a bit of a play. We had a go at cricket which Jack actually surprised me with by connecting with the ball a few times.
Then we did a few soccer drills. Here's Jack and Grandma doing their indian call when we played cowboys and indians.
Here's Jack doing his victory dance when he shot a goal during drills.We also had a little visitor at our place on Sunday, a busy buzzy bee collecting pollen off our giant agave flower spike.Check out all the pollen on it's little legs and see it's tongue thing at the front. Pretty cool hey. And look what I got in the mail today!! I had asked the super talented Brenda for a copy of her pini pattern so I can try my hand at making some little cuties like hers. Thank you so much for sharing your pattern and thanks for the little extras too, a Martha Stewart mag and a cool gingerbread lollipop bickie for Jack hand picked by Miss Ruby. It's so cute!!

I work on Monday's now but I finish at 4 so I can take Jack to soccer training(if you could call it that). He is so funny to watch it makes me smile so much. He strides up to one of the coaches during the practice to show him his new soccer socks and then stops the other coach mid mini game to show him the scratch he has on his hand from the cat. So cute.

Well I'm off to do some blog hopping.

Catch u later.

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...