Monday, May 12, 2008

The weekends activites!!

Well Friday of course I worked but Friday night we headed out to a BBQ to farwell our friends Greg and Michelle and their girls Nicola and Heidi. They are off to America for a few weeks, well a lot of weeks actually. So Bon Voyage H family. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time.
We had the last of the toddler birthday parties for this season on Saturday. Jared is turning 3 on Thursday and the lucky duck got to have a jumping castle for his birthday party. Jack's little face lit up as soon as he saw it but it took him a good 20 minutes and some pushing before he'd go down the little slide the woosie. It was a great party and here's a couple of photos.You can just see the fear on his little face. He did have fun though.Here's the birthday boy Jared (shockingly overexposed photo-sorry Jared)Lauren and HayleyTricia and Sofie.
After the party I dropped Jack home to Owen and I headed out for my monthly dinner date with the girls from work. It was only a little group of us this month but we had a ball. We went to Sizzler for dinner and then we headed off to play 10 pin bowling!! It was great although I suck at bowling.

Owen however didn't have quite as fun night with Jack. Jack was a bit peeved about having to leave Jared's place (the party was finished). He went to his room and slammed the door closed. Owen made him dinner, knocked on his door, left his food outside the door and hid. Jack opened the door, looked out and then slammed the door again. Owen knocked again and hid. Jack opened the door, grabbed his plate and slammed the door again. An hour and a half his sook lasted and the little rat even said that he never wanted to see Mum and Dad again and wanted to live at Jared's house. He's 3!!! For crying out loud, imagine what our teen years are going to be like!!

Sunday, Mother's Day, Jack and I slept in like normal and then headed out to the Heritage Village for the markets. Jack had a ride on a shetland pony which he loved. There was just the usual stuff there but I did get a bargain $5 necklace and my favourite poffertjes (little dutch pancakes).

Mum came over in the afternoon and we went for out regular walk through the gardens. Jack was very naughty and ran away from me and hid in a garden. I had to literally sprint to catch up to him which just gave me shivers. It also nearly made me hyperventilate!! I'm so outta shape it's not funny. The walk was really nice and Jack had a nice play on the swings and slide.
For Mother's Day dinner we headed over to my Grandparents and shared pizza to celebrate. It's pretty cool to have dinner with four generations!! I love my Grandparents so much.
Well that's about it. I did scrap though. I sat and shuffled paper around for a good couple of hours over the weekend but I only ended up with this one complete page. I've got another page nearly finished as well. It feels so good to scrap. Hopefully there'll be more to show soon now that our social calendar has slowed down.
Ok, ciao!!

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...