Monday, May 19, 2008

Our day!

Jack & I have had a nice day today. This morning we met up with our friends, David, Jared & Charlotte and Tricia & Ollie for a play at the park. Jack's getting pretty good at climbing and things now and even practically climbed the whole big spiderweb by himself, he only needed a little help. I got some cute photos of Jack.
After yesterdays cupcake LO I couldn't help but make some cupcakes to take for morning tea.Jack ate all around the outside top and then gave me the rest. Such a sharer. :PAfter our play we headed to K-Mart to buy Jack some shoes. Jack used to have a pair of hand-me-down flashing light shoes but he grew out of them ages ago. Obviously he didn't really realise that and keeps telling everyone he see that he has flashing light shoes whilst stamping his feet. It's cute to watch and it amuses Owen and I but it is a wee bit cruel letting the poor kid think he's got cool light up shoes when he dosn't. So anyhoo, K-Mart have a sale on sports shoes so I went and picked him up 2 new pairs of shoes that do acutally flash in this size and the next size up. He now won't take them off and is asleep in his joggers as we speak.

My friend Charlene phoned while we were out to ask if we wanted to go to the Brother's Club for lunch. They do a $3 roast lunch on Monday's. How cheap is that!! So we met up with her there for lunch and then saw that they were setting up for bingo which was starting soon so we thought we may as well have a play. I won $60!!! On of the old ladies in the back row made a nasty comment about Jack (who btw was soooooooo well behaved and so quiet) but I think she was just pissed that I won. I nearly had a car accident on the way out of the carpark and I mean VERY nearly. Heart thumpingly close call.

When we got hom this afternoon Jack wanted to blow some bubbles so we headed out the front and I got a few more gorgeous shots. He dosn't want his photo taken anymore though apparently. Poor kid.This is his cheeky boy smile. When he's playing a joke or being a smarty pants this is the smile I get.

Righteo, off to watch Desperate Housewives.

Cheers :)

3 comments:

amanda hall said...

jody that sounds like an excellent day - apart from some grumpy granny and your near miss (so glad everything was ok)

congrats at your bingo win!!

OMG at your cupcakes. They look sooooooooooooo delicious. You are the cupcake queen!!

Brenda said...

Oh we do miss that park!
And can you puhlease share your cupcake icing recipe because that icing looks delishio!

Anonymous said...

hehe..about the shoes!..sleeping in his shoes...Jack does the cutest things!

congrats on the win...ppfft to the grumpy granny!

Hugs for the near miss...glad it was a miss...

Oh and can I have a cupcake..they look so yummy!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...