Monday, September 04, 2006

Up & Down

Well, I've had an up & down week...

UP...we got our tax refunds, YAAAYYY!!! It's always nice to get a bit of money. I get extra tax taken out of my pay every week just so I can get that extra little thrill at refund time.

DOWN...discovered a termite nest behind Owen's sock box in our bedroom. "Insert very sad smiley here"

UP...pest man came and couldn't find trail so he said there's probably a hole in our termi-mesh and all costs will be covered.

DOWN...discovered second nest, exterior, so now all costs are on us. "Insert another very sad smiley here"

So, luckily we live in a cosy (shoe box of a) house as to treat the termites they have to dig a trench around the perimeter (sp?) for the chemical to go in but we're still going to be up for $1500 + the repair costs for damage already done. So I've been a big sooky la-la cry baby today. Anyhoo, what does not kill us makes us stronger. I keep telling Owen, at least we have our health

Oh no, I've just heard the news about Steve Irwin being killed. How terrible for his wife and kids and how horrible that she's uncontactable. He was a great ambassador for Australia and our wildlife. What a tragedy.

Here is the LO I did yesterday using the stuff that Cat got me for the swap. I'm so pleased with the way it turned out. We even did a special photo shoot to get a recent family photo. This was the best of them. In all the other ones Owen and I have weird faces from trying to get Jack to look and smile.



And for Amanda's challenge. Some of my favourite things in my house. My pot rack and my bedside table lamp with jewellery. Sorry that's all I could come up with. I used to have a nicely decorated home but then Jack started walking and climbing and now everything's packed away.

5 comments:

Dionne (aka Dee) Molina said...

Jody, what is a sock box? Sorry to hear about the terminte nest. Nasty buggers!!!

Love the bits of your place. I love this little insight into your girls lives ;)

Dionne (aka Dee) Molina said...

Oh your LO is gorgeous as per usual also :)

amanda said...

oh thanks so much for doing my challenge LOL! I love your bits! (well ykwim *blush*)

Bummer about the termites. On the upside at least they are not elephants!

debbiedo said...

Oh Jody, I feel for you. We have termite problems too, they are nasty buggers. If I showed you the size of the nest we had out the back of our place you would probably be in shock! God knows I was. They ate through the floor boards in Ryans room, still haven't fixed that yet either! Lucky ryan doesn't sleep in there, LOL.

Great page, thats a lovely photo of the 3 of you. And I love those pics of your house!

debbiedo said...

Oh Jody, I feel for you. We have termite problems too, they are nasty buggers. If I showed you the size of the nest we had out the back of our place you would probably be in shock! God knows I was. They ate through the floor boards in Ryans room, still haven't fixed that yet either! Lucky ryan doesn't sleep in there, LOL.

Great page, thats a lovely photo of the 3 of you. And I love those pics of your house!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...