Thursday, September 14, 2006

Post and run!!

I've got stocktake at work for the next couple of days and Owen's on holidays so it worked out well in that he can look after Jack for a couple of days but I won't get to spend any time with him which SUCKS!! I really feel like I need to lately too. I miss him being a work all the time and when he's home we're both so busy. I think I'm going to organise a date night soon.

The termite guy came today and did the treatment. He thinks our damage is going to be pretty minimal which is fantastic but we have to wait a month for the stuff to work before we find out for sure which is a tad frustrating. Owen and I have decided that if there's too much damage to the wall in our bedroom that we'll just put in french doors and built a little patio off the room. It would be nice. I have all these fantastic ideas of what I want to do with the back area but I just can't draw it.

I've been a bit down lately. Just not feeling myself and feeling a bit lost really. I think it's going around at the moment. Hopefully the few days at work with lots of running around will help a bit.

I'm really going to get my butt in gear next week and start a HUGE spring clean. I'm so sick of looking at all the excess clothes and things we have jammed in our cupboards. It's all going to go. I've been thinking about some different decorating ideas too. I put up our new shelf in the bathroom today but I put the support bracket on upside down so the screw holes are on the top but it's okay. I looks so much tidier now and everythings out of Jack's reach.

I watched Oprah today and it was so distressing. She had on children who's photos had impacted on society. She had the Ethiopian girl who's photo inspired Bob Geldoff to start Bandaid/Live aid. They had a story about adoption of unwanted Chinese baby girls and they showed a little baby girl who was left to die in an orphange in a room. Just neglected to death. It was so sad. I just held Jack and cried and smothered him with kisses. I try not to think about things like that because I get so upset sometimes. How can people be so cruel? I love my baby so much. I'm so grateful to be a mother. I wish I could adopt one of those babies too.

Anyhoo, better get to bed. Here's a couple of LO's I did today. The museli bar one Jack helped with. He stuck down most of the buttons. Pretty smart hey.

Grr they won't load. I'll try in a new topic.

1 comment:

debbiedo said...

Good news about the termites, hope they stay away now for good! Love the shelf and the colour of your bathroom! I have had my eye on those shelves (but in dark brown) for my lounge room, did you get it from Ikea?

Hope you are feeling like your old self soon. Sounds like you need a holiday, but it's not that easy is it? That date sounds good, maybe that might pick you up a bit.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...