Friday, December 17, 2010

Holy gingerbread!!!!...& some itty bitty macaroons

How huge is this freakin' gingerbread house!!  It's crazy.  It was a display in the lobby of a Walt Disney resort.  Trust Disney to turn out something like this.  Incredible.  I wonder if they eat it when it's finished with?


I came across this gorgeous little house when I was Google'ing houses.  How adorable are the little bear topiary bushes in the yard.  Some people are soooooo talented.


 I also saw these little guys the other day when I was blogging about.  They are from the Not Martha site.  I thought they were such a neat idea.  They'd be gorgeous on the rim of a sugar rimmed cocktail glass with some eggnog too.  Hmmm, I might have to do that actually.

I was contemplating making a gingerbread house today but decided to see if Jack wanted to make some macaroons instead...which we did, some Rosewater Macaroons with white chocolate filling.  They are yummy!!


I love cooking with Jack.  He insists on wearing his chef hat and apron whenever we cook which is adorable. I can't believe for a kid who likes to cook that he is so picky with what he will actually eat.  I drives me crackers.


Viola, our itty bitty macaroons.  It's my first time making macaroons and I think I'll have to try again, my mix seemed too thick but they still taste pretty good.


And lastly this years Santa photo.  Jack was so funny.  He just walked up and plonks himself down on Santa's lap without so much as a hello and starts smiling for the camera.  Funny little guy.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Good job on the macaroons for your first go Jody, I know you'll be perfecting them in no time! You should have seen my first attempt, they were as flat as tacks! I plan on giving them another go soon.
Glad to hear you've had your gall bladder out, hope everything is better with that from here on.

Ang said...

Hi Jody!!! Loving your blog!! Have been reading a few of your entries, you're very good with the camera, not to mention all the crafts, cooking and decorating you do!! You go girl!! :)) Just had to say that the Santa from HN was scary!!!! I can't believe I let him hold Soph!! LOL .... oh well, hope you guys had a lovely Chrissy!!! Take care xoxo

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...