Saturday, December 11, 2010

Jack's First School Year Done & Dusted!!

Today is the first day of Jack's school holidays.  We started the day very slowly, just hanging out watching some TV then Jack helped me clean out the pantry and I re-arranged the kitchen drawers as well as cleaned out the fridge.  
This afternoon he had a blast in the pool.  He is so water confident now.  He can duck dive to the bottom of the deep end and swim the length of the pool.  His style still needs a bit of work but he had come along great guns.  He had a great time practicing his 'cannonballs' this afternoon, I ended up quite wet myself and I was only sitting on the edge.  The water temperature was divine.



Yesterday for his last day of school there was an afternoon tea up at his classroom and the kids sang their alphabet song.  It was staggeringly adorable and I did well up a just a little.  I can't believe Jack will be in Grade 1 next year and I can't believe the amount of glue they need for Grade 1!!  There must be a lot of cut and paste next year.
I've still got a bit of shopping to do for Christmas which I'm hoping to get done next week.  A few of the things I had lay-by'd mid-year for kids gifts I've changed my mind about so I have to re-think them and of course I have all the tricky people still left to buy for but I do have a couple of things in mind.  Owen is off on Tuesday and I should be ok to drive by then so I'm hoping to get it all done that day.  Fingers crossed anyway.
I'm on leave for a couple of weeks now, then back to work for a couple of weeks and then off again in January for a few more weeks, using up some of my long service leave.  I'm planning on really sorting through the house and getting rid of all the junk we don't need so today was a pretty good start to it.  Both Owen and I tend to hoard a bit so sometimes I look around the house and just shake my head and think where to start but I'm just going to do whichever area calls to me that day and run with it.  Sometimes it tends to make me feel a bit bogged down so I'm hoping it will be a freeing experience for me. :)
Jack has decided that he wants a rats tail!!  Now neither Owen or I think that they are particularly attractive but we figure it's pretty harmless to let him have one although he wants me to tie it in a band all the time which looks painful.  He also has two loose teeth at the moment, one at the top and one at the bottom.  He's very excited about the Tooth Fairy coming and also about Santa.  He's written a few notes for Santa lately which is a great way to get him to practice his spelling and writing.


So my surgery went well and I've not had much pain at all which is great.  I had to wait quite a few hours before I went in which was pretty nerve racking but I made it and it's over and done with now and I havn't had any nasty side effects so I'm glad it's done.
The Bruckner's sent me this beautiful bright gerbera arrangement which was so lovely of them and my Mummy brought me some yummy chocolates.  Thanks Kim for popping in to visit me, seeing your smiling face was very calming.


I don't remember anything after the surgery until Owen, Jack & Mum came up to visit me that night.  Owen said I was lucid and talking when I came out of recovery and went to the ward but I don't remember any of that.  I do remember seeing my gorgeous boy when he came up to see me.  He's been so sweet and has been very careful not to bump my tummy and he hugs my leg or arm instead.  He's such a sweetie.


And lastly a huge thank-you to Sally who has been so helpful and lovely this last week.  She and Jason had Jack over for a sleep-over the night I stayed in hospital and she took him to school and collected him and dropped me to the doctors and chauffeured Jack and I around on Friday afternoon.  Sally you are a gem!!  Thank you thank you thank you!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Glad to hear you are doing well Jody. You are a trooper baking for the class just out of hospital!

You should join these guys: http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=851687
Decluttering 2011 things from their homes in 2011.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...