Sunday, December 05, 2010

Getting ready for Christmas

It really is beginning to look alot like Christmas now around our place.  Our Christmas decorations have started to go up.  Apparently Jack needs lots more in his room but the rest of the house is done. 

Our front entry table is all glitzed and glittered up... 


I made a new wreath for the front door this year.  Target had beautiful full bushy green plain wreaths for $10 and then had 30% off the other day so I stole a couple of decorations off the tree, a flower from the above arrangement and dismembered some $2 shop holly for the berries and viola...our new wreath, I'm really pleased with the finished product.


And of course I have my Department 56 North Pole village all set up and aglow.  There are a couple of pieces of Lemax thrown in there too but I just love the quaint and little bit quirky style of the Department 56 pieces.  There are a couple of new pieces out this year that I just love love love but I will have to scour eBay in a couple of years to get them cheaper methinks as they are not cheap little babies.
My newest addition to my collection actually came last year but it was after I had my village all set up so this is it's first year on display and it's the Rock Candy Co.  It's a gorgeous piece with so much detail.


And this bench welcome sign is new this year too.


This bank was my first ever piece and I bought it from Target when Jack was a baby.  They only carried them for the one year as far as I know.  That's what started my addiction.


I made the backdrop from a panoramic mountain shot that I'd mirrored to stretch the full length.


There was a set of five that all went together that were released one year.  I have four as in the photo above that spell out Claus on the letters above the weather vanes.  I'm missing the Santa's Beacon which is the 'L'.


There are a few pieces that I would really really love to collect.  I really want the Hot Chocolate Tower and the Cocoa Chocolate Works and I really love all the new pieces from this years range and I'd love to get the Sleigh Maker but it's one of the most expensive pieces.  I have quite seriously considered opening my own gift shop just so I can import and sell their stuff and of course increase my own personal collection.  
The other Christmas y things that I would love to own are the Krinkles reindeer by Patience Brewster..well actually all of her stuff, they are seriously adorable.

Anyhoo, onto less pleasant stuff, on Tuesday I'm booked in to have my gall bladder removed.  My first ever surgery...I'm sh*tting myself but trying to stay calm and think past it to recovery instead of thinking too much about the surgery.  It's Jack's last week of Prep and I've been disappointed that I havn't been able to spend any time visiting their classroom so I'm really really hoping I bounce back super fast and can go on Friday to the break up celebration at school which is only for an hour so I'm sure I'll be fine as the surgery should be done laproscopically.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.


Cheers and Merry nearly Christmas...I might add in and JibJab dance or two.


Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...