Sunday, November 09, 2008

I killed my laptop :(

I went to put my laptop on the bed tonight while I turned down the bedside light and the screen flopped back and barely even slapped against the headboard and when I turned it on the screen had cracked :( I'm soooooo peeved. It's not like I'm completely without a computer, we have another 3 in the house and hopefully my laptop will be covered under my house & contents insurance (if not I'll be REALLY pissed) but I already feel like a piece of me is missing. I'm sure some people would read that and think I'm pathetic, it's only a laptop right but I love my laptop. I'm a list maker and I have folders on my desktop of Christmas things, like edited photos that I need to access and stuff and it's just a pain not being able to use what I want. Anyhoo, I know there are alot bigger issues that people have to deal with but I just want it back. Boo hoo for me.

Well, whilst on the subject of Christmas, one of the folders on my desktop was 'Christmas Wants'. That's not things I want to receive as gifts it's all the gorgeous Department 56 North Pole village pieces I want. I bought a Christmas train set from the swap meet months ago which of course dosn't work (you people who sold it to me saying that it did work, be prepared, Karma is a bitch) so anyway I found a cute little set from Crazy Clark's and it was only $13. It's nothing all that special, just a cheapy plastic train but I have this whole set designed in my head of a Christmas display I'm going to do on my buffet. LOL. Am I crazy??? I have even been kept awake at night going through the pieces in my head. Sad, sad exsitance hey. Anyhoo, here's one piece of Dept 56 stuff.
I lost 2 auctions last week on ebay but there's another ending on Monday(please if you read my blog don't big against me). The thing I just don't get is this, I bought the above piece, the reindeer spa, last year from Target, I actually bought it at half price after Christmas but the shelf price was $70 and yet in America the pieces go for that in US dollars or more. I don't get it. And of course Target dosn't seem to have them this year.

So there you go, there's a little insight into what goes on in my decorating obsessed brain. LOL.

I've ordered my Christmas cards today through Vista and will order my stamps tommorrow. It took a fair bit of blackmailing to get Jack to sit for the photo shoot this year, I guess it'll only get harder. I feel bad but it's amazing how many things you can stop my child from doing just by saying that Santa will bring him one less present if he does it, for example picking his nose and eating it!! The habit is very nearly broken. He's such a good sweet child, gullible but good. LOL. Just kidding sweetie. I love him like you wouldn't beleive.
The grumpy elf look.
Well it's shockingly late (2.15am, damm you Grey's Anatomy) so I had best get myself off to bed.
Ciao
)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous photos jody! your xmas card looks amazing!!
Sxx

Anonymous said...

BTW bummer about the laptop... PSML at the 3 computers, sounds like this house!! hope it is covered by ins. and gets fixed quickly for you.

Anonymous said...

poo about the lappy sweet.

I got a bargin on a Xmas train for $39 (originally $99) The only problems was the box was damaged.

I love the Xmas village - I'm in the process of acquiring some also. I have some of the Elf Village pieces but always after a complete set.

I'll race ya to Ebay hahahahaha

Wish you lived closer - could you image how scrapping our get togethers would be -- I love all your stuff you make!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...