Sunday, July 13, 2008

What do you think of the new blog look?

How silly does my little man look? This is apparently what you wear when you go boating. Not that we have any plans to go on a boat but apparently Jack wants to. So he packed up his little backpack full of toys and of course you need your sunnies and beanie...then he fell asleep in front of the TV.

Well, not much has been happening in our neck of the woods this week. Just the normal work/home run of the mill stuff. But today Jack and I went to the Heritage Village Markets. Here's Jack having a ride on the pony. He had a big sooky tanty 5 seconds before this photo though because he wanted to ride the big horse!! Crazy kid!! He's flat out staying on this sized horse let alone a big one.
Then he had a turn on the jumping castle/slide and yes he is wearing odd socks. Bad Mummy couldn't be bothered finding the pairs and I figured no one would know. Ooppsie!!
Jack then had a face paint. Of course he chose to be a tiger, he always wants to be a tiger.
So I got some bargain scrapbooking stuff. There was some half price Elsie stuff and a couple of other scrappy things I couldn't resist. There was the freshest veges at one of the stalls. I bought an eggplant which we don't even eat so if anyone has any great eggplant recipes let me know. I've been doing a little bit of beading lately (a special project for a scrappy Christmas in July dinner) and I bought a couple of beads today as well.

My Mumma came over this afternoon and bought with her these gorgeous little chocolates. There is a new shop in town that's just opened so I'll have to go and check it out. The chilli one is for Owen and apparently they're hot. After coffee and a catch up we went for our regular walk. Here's Grandma and Jack crossing the creek. And Jack sitting on a fence in front of a gorgeous tree.
And the beautiful lavender. I just love the look of lavender, it seems so peaceful.
And lastly a little butterfly cake.
Jack told me this afternoon that he wanted a cake and I thought cake sounded good so we made some cakes. They're cute hey.
Hmmm...I think I might go have a cuppa and a cake!! Ciao

4 comments:

AngC said...

Lovin the new blog! I went through a bit of an eggplant phase a couple of weeks ago - it's really nice just cooked in a frying pan and put on a sandwich with cooked capsicum and other stuff. YUM!

Anonymous said...

love the new look jody! i wish I had some idea of how to spruse mine up :lol: love all the photos, how cute where those choccies! jack looks so cute as a tiger!

only 4 sleeps to go, can't wait to meet you!
Sxx

Anonymous said...

oh Jodestar - love the new look - very spiffy indeedy!

I have HEAPS os eggie recipes.. we eat lots of eggplant - I have a eggplant parmagana and something we have a fair bit - egg plant chips.. YUM!!!!

Let me know if you're interested in them..

Jack is super cute...

love your photos

Brenda said...

Love the new blog look Jody, really LOVE it!
Have fun this weekend!!!!!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...