Monday, January 24, 2011

Jack's first day in Grade 1!!

Today was Jack's first day in Grade 1!!  I thought we may have had to drag him kicking and screaming to school but he went ok.  I've been talking about it all week and he was adamant that he didn't want to go but the flow of the morning went ok and I didn't end up having much of a fight on my hands at all which I'm very grateful for.  
I missed him today though.  I'm sure he probably didn't miss me with the excitement of a new class, his own desk, own pencils and pencil case, new kids to meet, new teacher etc. 


That smile, oh my, I don't know where he gets that from, well actually he gets it from his Dad, see below, lol.


The family photo...


And homework on the first day!!


I had a nice day today though.  My friend Charlene came over this morning for morning tea which was nice to have a catch up.  Life gets so busy some times that it's hard to make the time to catch up with friends as much as I'd like to.  This afternoon we had a swim and afternoon tea play-date with some of Jack's friends.  It is absolutely lovely in pool in the afternoon at the moment, the temperature is just perfect.  Ahhh, life in beautiful Queensland.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great to hear Jack's first day in Grade 1 went well !! Do you think he'll be heading back again next week for some more?? :)
Love,
Ian

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...