Sunday, January 09, 2011

Ice Skating Fun!!

Well what a great way to start a Sunday!!  This morning we went ice skating (yes, you read correctly ice skating in Rockhampton) and it was so much fun.  My feet felt like they were going to drop off (ouchie!!) but it was a blast all the same.  I probably made it around the rink perhaps two or three times total.  Ice skating is not an easy thing.  I didn't fall over however unlike Owen and poor Jack.  It's run by a company called Winter Magic and is just fantastic for something different to do with the kids.  We went to the first session of the day and there weren't really that many people there, perhaps 40 or 50. 

They have a little rink set up for the kiddies under 6 to use which was really good.  To me it felt a bit slipperier than the large rink.  One of the staff was also out in the rink for awhile and stopped and gave Jack a few pointers which was really great.  


He did a few laps holding onto the sides before venturing off the edge and waddling around for a few more laps.  He was concentrating pretty hard.  He had one all where he hurt his hand a little and a few little half falls.  Owen did one pretty impressive, arms flailing fall and landed pretty hard on his butt but apart from that he was pretty good at it.  Me...no so much.  I did about three laps total, pretty close to the side (not far enough away to grab when I needed it).  My form, let me tell you was not very impressive.  I don't think I'll ever be an elegant ice skater although I can do a little circle:) 


They also had a tobogganing hill set up which was really good fun.  We had gone with a few other families and I'm sure that was probably the favorite thing of all the kids.  The smiles on their faces were just beautiful.  Poor little Charlotte didn't like it at all, but all the other kids loved it, including little Hunter who's just 1.  He was all smiles.


As were the adults...Kim & Owen having a race.


And yes, I did have a turn too.   Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! 


What a great day!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

this looks like so much fun Jody!! Glad to see it's not all sadness in Rocky right now. My hubby is up there working, not sure when he will be able to get back home.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...