Sunday, January 16, 2011

A lovely weekend...

Well I have had just a lovely weekend.  It actually started on Friday really with the day at the pool from my last post and then Friday was finished off with coffee and a chat at my good friend Kim's house in the afternoon.
Saturday Jack and I headed up to the Botanic Gardens for a birthday party for Jack's second cousin, Patrick.  The party started off with a hidden treasure hunt where the kids had to sift through the sand looking for pirate coins.

The next game was the piñata.  Kids just love piñata's don't they.  Jasmine had made some great props for the party, I think her Mum helped as well.  The treasure chest piñata, a big ship replica and another chest that contained the pass the parcel prizes and the sword cake were all fantastic.  I love themed parties.


This is Patrick, the Birthday Boy, showing off his loot from the piñata.


 There are a couple of new playground pieces at the gardens.  Jack loved this flying fox thing.


I couldn't find his old pirate costume (I don't think it'd fit anyway) so I just painted Jack's face for the party.  Arr, me hearties!!


After the party Jack and I went and checked out the zoo before heading off to do a spot of shopping.
Today we headed to Upper Stony Creek with the William's family for a swim and lunch and a bit of relaxing.  Here's Jack just kicking back on his camping chair.


It's a very pretty place there.  It's in the Byfield National Park.  Apparently this is the best time to go because there's been rain and it's running and nice and clear.  Oliver told me that he and his Dad saw a turtle when they were there the other day.  It only took about 50 minutes to get there from Rocky so it's not very far away.  


Jason had bought his inflatable boat so the kids all piled in and Tricia & Jason took them for a paddle up the creek.


After they came back we all went for a little swim (well at least a stand in the water).  It was a wee bit fresh in the water but when you got used to it it wasn't so bad.  Jason tells us that it is like the fountain of youth with all the minerals etc. in the water.  I havn't noticed any changes yet however.


After the swim we had some sandwiches for lunch and then just chilled for awhile while the kids had a bit of a run around and play and then Jack and I headed back home.  It's always so nice to do something different.  This week coming is the last before Jack heads back to school so I'll have to think of some fun things to do.  O is off Wednesday and Thursday which will be nice to have some family time too.

Ahhhh, life is good!!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

that looks like a really good day! (must get me to that fountain of youth)

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Thats new re the equipment at the botannical gardens, will have to check it out when the biteys die out!

Kim

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...