Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pirate Parties!!

Last night Jack and I went to my workmate Toni's 25th Birthday party which was pirate themed. I'm planning to have a pirate party for Jack this year too. I bought a whole heap of pirate party supplies on sale early last year so I have them all stashed away ready to go. I also picked up the most gorgeous pirate costume from the Reject Shop for Jack for $15. It said it was for a 7 year old but it only just fits him now. Dosn't he just look so dashingly handsome?
There is meant to be a belt with a big gold buckle on it but do you think I could find it last night!? so I just used the sash I'd made for another party. Owen did take some photos of Jack and I dressed up last night, unfortunately due to the fact that I can never stop talking (giving him camera advice and trying to get Jack to co-operate) I look like I'm on smack in all of them so hence, no photo of the 2 of us to show and after I took my hair out I decided to take a photo of my pirate facepaint.
It is so much more comfortable to have your face painted then to wear an eye patch all night let me tell you. I was really pleased with the way my hair looked actually, I put some little plaits randomly through it and then scrunched it and hot ironed it to look all messy.
Jack was funny last night though when we were getting ready. I wasn't allowed to have one of the swords because I wasn't a real pirate!! Anyhoo, the party was nice and Jack came home with a ginormous stash of pinata toys!!

My gorgeous friend Dee, is having a pirate party for her son, Tyler in a few weeks so I'm stalking her blog to get party ideas since she is such a talented chick!! And I'm also going to steal a few ideas from Ang too who had a pirate theme for Coban's (who btw was born just 10 minutes before? Jack. Same day, same year) birthday last year. I love her invitations.

Speaking of pirates, if you're looking for a fun movie to watch then may I suggest Stardust. It is a great movie, sort of a twisted fairytale, I love that type of movie. Here's the preview




I love Robert De Niro's pirate character in the movie. Just hilarious.

Well I better go and try to get some semblance of order to this house. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

oooh, love Jacks' costume, and you look fabulous too Miss Jody!

Anonymous said...

Pirate parties are FUN!!! I was making these elaborate "loot bags" but have now decided to do something a bit simplier. The kids just wont "get it".. I'll post them on the bloggy next week.

Anonymous said...

Jack looks wonderful and so do you!...and I love that movie too!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...