Monday, July 24, 2006

The Search for the Ear Tree




Last night Grandma asked me if I could find out where the ear tree was at the botanical gardens as she and Grandad are going to a wedding there in a couple of weeks. I thought I'd just find it so off we set, down one of the paths. Now I know the gardens are big but I thought that an ear tree would be something that you'd know if you saw it. We found the ampitheatre with the giant xylaphone(sp?), we found a peacock, we found the ducks and the turtles, we found all the animal enclosures, we found some really cool trees, we found all the striletziers(sp?) so then we decided to ask and you know where the ear tree is? Of course it's a little bit further along than the furtherest place we got to from where the info centre is, so, back we went. The ear tree gets it's name from it's seed pods(there weren't any) so there's no way I would have found it. DOH!! We had a great walk though and saw some fantastic plants.
Jack absolutely loves birds and was cooing with delight when we saw the lorikeets bathing under the fountain. We ran into JG and had lunch with him and then checked out the rest of the gardens. It was a great day and I think I probably did about 15000 steps today so that was a bonus. Here's a couple of pictures. The ear tree, if anyone's interested, is the one with Jack's pram parked in front of it so you get an idea of it's size. It's huge and it was only planted in 1978.
Anyhoo, I'm sure I've bored everyone to tears by now so I'll just post my pics and get out of here.

4 comments:

Dionne (aka Dee) Molina said...

Well there you go, I learnt something new today! That tree is HUGE!!!!!

~Dizzy~ said...

Great photos Jody and it sound like you & Jack had a great time.

Zebette said...

What a fab photo of the tree and well worth seeing, can you imagine getting married there? How beautiful that would be!

amanda said...

oh those photos are stunning jody! What a beautiful tree to get married under!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...