Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our gorgeous new puppy & a back to school BBQ

I have sort of been looking for a new puppy for a few months now.  Jack was so keen to get another dog but it took me a little while to come to terms with it after losing our beautiful Bella but over the last couple of weeks I've been checking the pet adoption sites.  I contacted Capricorn Animal Rescue, who are a wonderful organization that save and re-home dogs from the pound, and Jack and I went and met a few small dogs but Coco was the one!!  She was so friendly right from the start.  We met her out the front of her foster home and she came and sat on my lap straight away and then went and jumped on Jack too.  We went away to think about it but I knew straight away that she was going to be living with us.

Owen picked her up on Monday and as soon as she came home she has just fit right in.  Our kitty cats have taken a couple of days to get used to having a dog around but it's settled down now.  Isn't she beautiful?


This is her first day home up lying on the lounge with O.


If anyone in the Central Queensland area is looking for a new pet I'd definitely recommend that you have a look at the beautiful animals that are available for adoption from Capricorn Animal Aid.  It's a great cause to support.

Speaking of new to our home we have also got a new lounge suite this month!!  O & I had been tossing up about getting a new lounge before Christmas and had decided against it...and then changed our minds for the hundredth time.  I'm really happy we did though.  The new lounge is a great size for our little house and it has storage in the ottoman and the chaise and a sofa bed under the main section so it added some storage as well.  It's not as snuggly comfy as our old lounge but it's still really nice to sit in and looks nice and fresh and the colour is great for our place.


Jack is heading back to school tomorrow much to his disgust!!  Lol, poor kid.  He says school is "boring" and he misses his Mummy.  I tried to tell him that if it would make it easier for him I could make home ultra-boring so school would seem more fun but he declined.  So to celebrate the last days of holidays we had a BBQ last night with some of his school friends as a last holiday hoorah!

It was a great day for a swim yesterday, nice and hot.


Jack & Mitch having a tussle on O's chill out tube.



A couple of lap races took place.

And then a nice BBQ dinner to follow.


 It's so nice to catch up with friends and it's so hard to find the time with conflicting schedules and work rosters and things but I'm hoping this year to spend some more time with my friends.

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...