Sunday, August 01, 2010

My weekend...

I've had a pretty good weekend this weekend.  Nothing spectacular, just got some things done, got to have a catch up chat with my friend Kim and I was well for a change.  The last two weekends I have ended up in the ER with gallstone attacks so to have a well weekend has been a really nice change.
Yesterday I got most of the cleaning done in the morning then grabbed my groceries before heading over to Kim's place for a playdate for Jack and a catch up for me.
This morning Jack and I went to check out the Mumma's Fair and pulled up just as Kim was getting the kids out of the car so that was a bonus.  There was some nice stuff there but it's a shame it wasn't a bit bigger although I think it's the first one for our area so it wasn't too bad.  We shared some nice little cupcakes and then Jack and Charlotte partook in the kid's yoga class which was adorable.  I'm pretty keen to start yoga myself actually so I might start that on Tuesday night.
When we got home I made Jack a little plate of lunch and then made myself some sushi for lunch.  Yummy!!  Smoked salmon and avocado with a little Japanese mayo.  It was very tasty.  I love sushi.
One of the local scrapbook shops is moving and is going to be only a block away from our house which will be very convenient.  I saw them setting up as we were coming home today.  I'm keen to get in and do some scrapping but unfortunately my scrap room is chockers full of junk that needs to be sorted, sold or donated.  I was feeling a bit inspired today so I actually went through Jack's cupboard and sorted out all his clothes and linen...three garbage bags later.  There is a market once a month not far from where we live so I'm going to aim to get everything sorted through in the next few weeks and have a stall there next month if all goes to plan.  I was going to have a garage sale but I think that there'd be more patronage there.
Well I'm going to drool over Department 56 Christmas pieces.  Jack's already thinking about Christmas.  Or maybe I'll check out Halloween decorations instead since Halloween's closer than Christmas.
Ciao

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was a great weekend. Yummo sushi - I love your sushi. Oooooooooh Halloween and Christmas Jody style can't wait to see what comes out this year ALWAYS a highlight in my year!

Hope you week goes just as well and you continue to be well.

Kim xo

Brenda said...

mmmm, that sushi looks yum! I am so sorry to hear you are suffering with gallstones, I know the pain of this VERY WELL, and I really do feel for you. It sucks.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...