Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ahhh Sunday, I love you...


Lazy Sunday's are just the best and that's what I had today.  I worked every day this week and had plans to do all my housework today but I just couldn't be bothered.  I did some washing and packed the dishwasher and then ignored the rest.  Even Jack's lunch was casual today, he had a Munchables pack which he made into these cute little 'cupcakes'.  

My Mum's 60th birthday is coming up and today I worked on the invitations for her party while Jack had a play outside.  He decided he wanted to blow some bubbles so I took the opportunity to get the camera out.  Jack had been going through an anti-photo phase but hasn't been too bad lately.  We found a cutie little ladybeetle while we were out there.



On to the bubble blowing...


Ouch my eyes...


and bubbles galore...


So in our house this week we've had a couple of additions.  Jack had asked if he could have a hermit crab and I thought why not, easy care, cheap pet so we headed off the pet shop to pick one out and grab some essential crabby supplies.  That night I was doing a bit of research on the net and discovered that what I thought was going to be an easy care pet is actually not at all.  They like company, they need the right humidity and temperate, they like fresh fruit and veges cut up really teeny tiny.  So now we have a new tank, a hermit hut, a little friend etc etc etc.  So introducing Mr Crabs and Spongebob, Mr Crabs is on the left.  They are actually quite cute.  Jack and O took Mr Crabs in to school for show and tell last week.  They don't actually seem to be as social as the internet had said but maybe they're just getting used to each other.  Spongebob is definitely more adventurous and is normally crawling all over the tank whereas Mr Crabs has just burrowed in and hardly comes out.  I just hope they don't grow too big.







No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...