Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Rocky Swap!!

Well...yesterday was the annual Rocky Swap Meet. People come from miles around to check out all the stalls. You know what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure". Not that everything there was trash of course, there's antiques, gorgeous jewellery, lots of books and things, in fact there is just about anything there. So here's what we got...

I bought a Trivial Pursuit game for $1!!! How's that for a bargain.

We got a selection of little golden books for $2.

This Mr Potato Head jigsaw, and then when we paid for it I found out that it was originally my Great Aunt Margaret's so we even kept the money in the family.

Jack also got a 4pce train puzzle that was hand made many many years ago by the fellow who's stall it was. I gave Jack his 50c and told him to take it up to the man to pay for it and the fellow gave it to Jack for free. It was very touching. His wife was the one that told us he'd made it and you could see that look in his eyes (you know that look).

Jack also got two bags of mixed cars. He's only just starting to get into cars and things and a George the Monkey kite which we took with us to the park later in the afternoon but there was no wind.

My Mum bought me some framed butterflies and my Grandma bought me a butterfly that's set in resin so I'm going to have a little butterfly display on my sideboard now.

I bought some 'Sexy' sauce. LOL!! It's really tasty actually. It can be used in stir fry's or as a sauce for meat. It's got an unusual flavour, sort of tamarindy twangy kind of thing with some sweet mixed in.

The fudge lady was there!! Of course I couldn't pass her stall. She even had a couple of new flavours. She'd run out of my favourite caramel but I got lavender to try and it's really nice, very fragrant as you'd imagine.My Mum bought me this beautiful elephant jewellery box. I just love it, the colours are so beautiful.And I also bought a Christmas Train set. I'm going to hold off until Christmas to try it out so I hope it works. And lastly I bought two nice shirts that were brand new with tags on them and all, one is black and the other is the most gorgeous turquiose colour.

It was a jam packed day with lots and lots of walking. We went with Mum, Grandma and my neice Rasharna. Grandma sat down for awhile while we did one area though, it was a very long walk around them all. Everyone of us got some good bargains so we all left happy.

I'm off to see the surgeon tomorrow about getting my gall removed. I really don't know if I want to do it though. I only went on the waiting list because it's so long but now that the appointment is looming I'm thinking I should really research some other options. I don't get attacks all that often and they only last for 12-20 hours whereas from what I've read most people are knocked around for days with vomiting and everything. I guess I'll wait and see what they say first and then go from there.

Speaking of health related things though, I've still got my damm twitch. I've had a twitching nerve under one of my eyes for about a month now. Originally I thought it may have been because I was stressed about going to Melbourne but it hasn't gone away. My doctor says it's nothing to worry about and that if it gets too annoying I could always get botox!! I guess I'll just wait and hope it goes away.

Anyhoo, I have a massive amount of housework to do and all I feel like doing is napping so I better go and grab a quick coffee and then get my butt moving.

Cheers

3 comments:

Dani said...

Your the bargin queen Jody LOL

I have to say your blog looks great...Im not just sucking up...promise ;)

Anonymous said...

Gota love a bargain!...ohh I love fudge too....we have a town down south that is famous for it's fudge!!..

How did yoy go at the surgeon's?...you might not have bad attacks now...but I wouldn't like to think of you suffering worse one down the track...

gaab said...

I came here searching for photos of the swap. Have been trying to find some for a while, and started reading your blog, and loved it.
At the swap I got a couple of picture frames, a cedar book shelf, two beautiful boxes, and sore feet!
It kind of amazed me the crossing that you and me must have daily barganing in Vinnies or salvos or the swap. May be we are side by side fighting for shirts? amazing.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...