Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A break away...

...what a great way to spend a weekend!!
We went to the beach for a couple of days over the Easter weekend and stayed at the beach house with some family and friends.  I'm sure I've mentioned many times about the great childhood memories I have from holidays with my family at the beach house.  When I say my family I don't just mean my Mum and my brother I mean FAMILY!!  My Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins...lots of us all in one house, beds head to head around the sleep out.  The best of times!!  Ah, sweet memories.
So this weekend the three of us went down with our friends the Williams's and the Bruckner's and my Grandparents and Aunt Jenny and Uncle Michael.  It makes me feel so happy to have Jack spend time with other kids like that.  I'm sure it was a different experience for him as well being around other kids for that amount of time.
So we did some swimming...


We hung out at the beach...


We played in the sand...


We hunted for yabbies (thanks Jason)...


We saw the sunrise (thanks kids :P)


We swam some more...


We baked some brownies...


We at some fantastic waffles (thanks David)


The kids rode scooters and bikes...


The big kids rode bikes...


We goofed around...


We ate fresh coconut...


And we wore out sunscreen...


Jack got so sick of me telling him to put on more sunscreen.  He told me he couldn't wear five layers of sunscreen.  He didn't get burned though, lucky he listened to his Mum.
It is sooooo relaxing down there.  The fresh sea breeze, the sound of the ocean, the wind rustling the coconut leaves, the sand between your toes, the cool water splashing over your feet, the laughter of the kids, ahh bliss.  



Life is good!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds perfect Jodie, so lovely! We attempted kite flying today too, it's dam good exercise when you just don't have enough wind, lol.

Donna said...

Hey Jodie, I'm trying to get back to blogging, and thought I would come by and say hello....

Wonderful photo's, looks like a fab holiday, Jack is looking so grown up!...gone are our little boys!
hugs
Donna

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...