Sunday, October 03, 2010

Mum's Birthday!!

My Mum is turning 60 tomorrow so we had a party at our place on Saturday night to celebrate.  It's the biggest party I've hosted and I wasn't sure we'd fit everyone in but we ended up fitting about 46 adults and nine kids in quite comfortably.  If it had rained we would have been in trouble but the weather stayed really nice which was great.  The mosquitos were a bit of a pest early in the night but they seemed to clear away later in the night.
I decided on a Mexican Fiesta sort of  theme which was nice and bright.  As you can see we made crepe paper flowers in old coffee tins for the table decorations, I used some bright striped gift wrap for the table runners and I ordered through work the gorgeous fabric 'papel picado', mexican cutout banner, which is new this season from Hiccups.
On the menu was Gazpacho, Chilli & Cornbread, Aztec Pie and Pork Carnitas with a variety of salads and desert of Choc-mint Cheesecake and Banoffee Pie.  As per normal, my fear of under-catering backfired and I've very much over-catered so we have a tone of left overs.
 



Here's Mum cutting her cake...


Mum with Grandad & Grandma...


Mum with her brother & sisters, Rob, Fay, Jenny, Jaamy, Diane & Marie, and Grandad & Grandma. 


Diane & Jenny...


And us, Me, Owen, Mum, Joe, my brother Kevin at the back, Rashana, Karen & Jack down the front with Grandad and Grandma.


It was a great night and I'm sure Mum had a blast. I had some great help too from Mum, Marie, Diane & Grandma and of course Owen and Rob which was much appreciated.

Today Mum, Marie, Grandma and I went for High Tea at Delizie which was really nice.  The decor is gorgeous, dark charcoal and silver.  It has a great atmosphere and is a very pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I'm very excited that it's October!!  Not only is it my birthday month but it's also Halloween!!  Yaay, Halloween decorating time!!  That will be starting this week, photos to come...
Ciao

No comments:

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...