Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Slack blogger checking in (insert sheepish smiley here) :P

Well I can't believe it's been so long between posts. How slack am I?! I have no excuse really. Life hasn't been all that exciting and our internet is capped or whatever you say so it's slow. But anyhoo, here's an update of what's happening...

On Saturday we headed out to Moura for Nicola's "home" birthday party. It was a great drive out there even though we missed our turn. We were driving along and I said to Owen, "I think we're meant to have turned before now" so we pull out the map and check the phone book (the GPS was stupidly at home in Owen's ute) and yes we had missed it. Only by about 5 minutes drive though luckily. I must have had a sixth sense. We've only been out there once before and we took a different route this time. Anyhoo...

It was a great party. Lot's of room for the kids to run around. Girl parties are so pretty. Lots of pink and purple. It was a princess themed party and there was a crown decorating station, kiss the frog game, pinata, the normal yummy food and party games. The kids got to see some little baby chicks and some sheep which was very exciting. Jack just loves animals. Michelle did an absolutely fantastic job making a princess castle cake, it was very ornate and beautiful, unfortunately my photos of it were crappy though. The boys even got to do a little tour of the cotton fields then we had some dinner before heading off home. Here's a few photos.

Jack the Dorito addict. Not that I blame him though. I love Doritos!!
This was one of the many wacky facial expressions Jack was doing while trying very very very hard to bust the pinata. Makes me giggle just looking at it.

Jack in front of a cotton plant out in the fields.Jack and Jared in front of a HUGE bale of cotton.Jack and Daddy climbing up onto the cotton picker.Jack and Daddy going for a ride in the cotton picker with Greg.I havn't really been up to anything much else. I've done a bit of scrapping but I can't show it yet. I've done 3 LO's for a photo swap through EB and another LO that is a gift for a friend so once they've reached their respective recipients I'll post some pictures. It's been just forever since I scrapbooked and I'm really excited to get back into it. I just seem to have been preoccupied with other things or busy with Jack and havn't been doing much scrapping for awhile. I have however still been gathering my supplies which I can't wait to use. How cool are foam thickers!? I LOVE 'em.

I've also been making a photo DVD for my Grandparents upcoming anniversary celebration so that's been taking awhile, editing all the photos and things. It's looking good though. I know they're going to love it.

I made the dogs some new beds since Poppy shredded their old one. They're just poly stuffed rectangular cushions but they look cute. Making their new beds and cleaning out their kennel got me a bit inspired the other day too so Jack and I ended up spending a good 3/4 hours tidying up outside (not the Jack was much help though). I'm hoping that when Owen is off Thurday and Friday we might be able to get in and really clean it up a bit. Our yard has been so neglected over the last couple of years. The garden needs a good prune and tidy up and we have weeds galore out the back so hopefully we should be able to make a big dent in it this week. I also moved our BBQ up onto the patio. It has also been sitting out in the yard neglected so I'm looking forward to a few upcoming BBQ dinners like beef and vege kebabs and ribs on the barbie.

I'm also very seriously contemplating starting as a Body Shop Home consultant. I'm pretty keen to do it because I love their products and apparently the party plan works really well in our area. I'd like to be able to bring in a bit of money for our household and I think it might work in well with our lifestyle as well as be something I enjoy doing. The thing that's holding me back is I'm not sure whether I'm 'brave' enough. I do sales at work of course but the thought of standing up in front of 15-20 people and talking is a wee bit daunting. I really think I'm going to do it though. C'mon, someone talk me into it!! :P

Well that's about it. I promise not to leave it so long between posts.

Cheers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...I have been so busy that I've forgot all about blogging!..your comment reminded me!...I have also forgot what the gossip was!...lol..I must of had some or I wouldn't have written that!...oh that's so funny!...lucky I can laugh at myself!

I have never seen a cotton plant before!....how cool!..I grew up in the dessert!
I didn't know that the Body Shop has home consultant!...I think you would be great at it!!!!!!..and if you worried about standing up and talking to a group of people....don't think of it as 15-20 people that you don't know, just tell yourself that your just chatting to a "bunch of girl friend" about some thing that you really love!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody, you should soooo do the body shop thing...i will book a party for you.
Did you get my email about Friday night? I will email you the details about May the 9th.
Seeya
Tracey F

debbiedo said...

I miss seeing your pages Jody, so hurry up and do one! LOL

AngC said...

You know I'm up for a Body Shop party!! I'm even going to limit my shopping down in Brissy so I'll still have stuff to get through you.... I HAVE to get some things though...LOL.

Angela said...

Go on Jody, do it!! It sounds great.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...