Sunday, October 12, 2008

Howdy...

How're y'all doin?

Yesterday Jack and I met up with my Mum, Grandma, Aunt's Marie & Jenny, Alicia and her Mum at Delizie's for High Tea!! It was lovely. The first platters were savoury with caramelised onion and feta tarts, prawn sandwich rounds, a chicken roulade thing, smoked salmon and dill cream croissants. This was followed by the yummiest scones with an assortment of jams and double cream and then there were little almond meal cakes with lemon curd, cupcakes and little chocolate and fruit mince truffles. The atmosphere there is just lovely. A complimentary cocktail is served when you arrive which is made from sorbet and vodka. Lovely.

Then last night I went with my friend Kim to a Girls Night In a the Ginger Mule Tapas Bar (lovely atmosphere there btw) that was organised by someone from her work. We had a lovely night. In case you don't want to click the link for Girls Night In without knowing what you're clicking on it's a fundraising venture by the Australian Cancer Council to raise money for research into breast cancer so if you get a chance to attend one of the functions this month then good on ya mate! They had a bra auction with bras kindly donated by K-Mart (good on ya K-Mart), sold boobie chocolates (I got some for O), lucky door and a raffle. Your ticket for the night included a complimentary drink so I had a (well actually...more than one) delicious slushy Fruit Tingle. Yummy!! Afterwards Kim and I headed to Macca's for coffee and cake and then back to my place for a chat. It was great.

Jack and I have had a lazy day today. We had a bit of a lie in bed this morning discussing the important things in a 3.5 year old life...how long until Santa is coming? LOL. I love Christmas so it probably does get mentioned a bit and I drool over all the Christmas decorations that are out in the store so Jack is already getting a wee bit excited about it. That's why I'm going to decorate and have a dinner to celebrate Halloween, just so he (and I) have something to occupy us.

My friend Erica dropped in with her girls Lauren and Hayley for a little play this morning which was great and then Grandma came over this arvo for her Sunday visit. She bought a little craft thing for Jack to do and a trio of jigsaws. We had a coffee and some slice (thanks Erica) and then were getting ready to head out for our walk when Owen came home. He thought we had waited for us so he came for a walk with us too which was lovely. Anyhoo, enough blabbering from me, here's a few photos.

My gorgeous agapanthus which is oh so very close to bursting into bloom.



A couple of shots from down at the creek.Jack hitching a lift across the creek with Grandma.The beautiful waterlillies.Some other flora...Jack and Daddy on the slide.Jack and Grandma.Some fluffy headed moths all tucked up for the night.The 'hash' tomatoes. LOL. That's what Owen calls them. These tomatoes popped up after the flood down near the creek and every week we pull off the ripe ones and take them home. Owen's convinced they're a cross breed.And the dinner I made tonight using said tomatoes...tomato, olive and cheese tart. Yummo!!Not so yummo however...Makes my heart speed up a bit just looking at the photo. I saw two freakin' snakes today so if you're walking through the Kershaw Gardens keep your eyes out. The first one I saw when I was down at the waters edge. You should have seen how quickly I hightailed it outta there. Then the second one, the one in the photo, Mum and I were practically about to walk on either side of it when I spotted it and screamed at Mum..."BACK UP!! BACK UP!! SNAKE!!!". Now I know some people like snakes (Hiya Paul & Diane), I however only like them if they're behind glass. LOL. Anyway, they're there and I know we're in their home but as long as I can avoid them I'm happy.

K, cheers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god how scary re the 2 snakes. Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. I cleaned while bathurst played very loudly all day. The booby choccies are delicious although we nearly ate all of them at once!!!!

kimxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Snakes suck big time - hate them! And they seem to be everywhere atm - maybe worse because of all the mice! Sounds like you had a great weekend! michelle

Anonymous said...

High Tea sounds lovely!!...and yummy!!...wonder if anyone in Perth does High Tea..hehe

had a giggle about your conversations with Jack....so cute!...I'm with you in the loving Christmas thing!

Fab photo's...gee Jack looks like he's getting big!!

Dani said...

Yuck at that snake, Yum at the high tea though LOL Cant wait to see your halloween, if its anything like last year Im sure it will be fantastic.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...