Saturday, October 10, 2009

Halloween is coming...

This year I decided to start decorating at the beginning of October so I can a full months
enjoyment out of the decorations before I have to extract all the faux cobweb from my house. There hasn't been as much paraphernalia around this year but I have found some great free printable labels on the net.
I got this cool cling from Spotlight which I have on the floor at my front door.
The table in the entry is ladden with treats with the same labels I used last year from the Martha Stewart site.The skeletons are hung over the dining table and I made a tabletop graveyard scene for my centrepiece this year.A close up of the centrepiece with a partially exposed skeleton poking out of the dirt.This year I made out buffet into a twisted apothecary table with a variety of cool witchy items.I need to paint a couple of the jar lids because the green raguletto lids sort of lose the effect a bit.but I found some super cool labels here at Love Manor.
There are a few more things that I still have planned which hopefully I'll get to in the next couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow Jody you certainly have a great talent for decorating!!

I visit this blog a bit and she has some "lovely" Halloween ideas too (that's if you can call spooky lovely :-). http://frommyfeatherednest.blogspot.com/

Brenda said...

Jody, you rock. This is fantastic.

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...