Sunday, October 04, 2009

Belated Happy Birthday to Me & my Mum!!

On Sunday I had invited my friends Charlene and Ann over for brunch and a catch up. We had a huge brunch of fruit, bacon, chipolatas, eggs benedict and chocolate french toast with chocolate dipped strawberries. I got Jack to take a photo of us, once it was straightened and cropped he had sone a pretty good job.Sunday was also my Mum's Birthday so I hosted afternoon tea at my place to celebrate, I even cracked out my Noritaki. It was a lovely afternoon, a couple of my aunts came over along with my Grandma and Grandad. I tried out a couple of new recipes too. We had : Savoury Shortbread with Tomato Jam, Herb Piklets with Cream Cheese, Smoked Salmon and Faux Caviar (par cooked tapioca, soaked in soy),Finger sandwiches, Ham & Mustard and Chicken, Avocado, Cashew and Mayo, Fruit Kebabs, Scones with Jam and Cream, Melting Moments, Profriteroles and Chocolate Coated Strawberries.
As usual I over-catered so I even had left overs to take to work the next day which was my birthday. I work with an American lady named Sherrie and she made a brownie for my birthday served with ice cream and hot Hershey's chocolate fudge. OMG!!! It was to die for. Soooooooooooo yummy.
Sherrie also hosted a party at her & her partner's house the other night to introduce us to some American cuisine. There were oooooooooohhhhhs & aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhs galore. She is such a good cook. I've had a look at the USA Foods website and I think there are a few things I might have to try like candy corn for Halloween. Speaking of Halloween I've been busy decorating, I'll be back tonight to load up some photos.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow jody, what a smorgersboard! you really are the entertainer!

that brownie had me almost drooling on the computer! yumo!

glad to read life isgood
Sxx

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...