Sunday, June 06, 2010

Bit off more than I could chew...

So our local show is on this week (which I'm very excited about) and Jack and I have entered a variety of things in the craft and cooking sections as we have the last couple of years.  Thinking back now I'm pretty sure that last year I told myself that I should choose just a few things to do and not do so much however I obviously forgot when I was filling in the forms.  I had done a read through and highlighted the sections I thought Jack and I should enter and then when I filled in the forms I just kept adding other things.  So I have had one hell of a busy baking weekend.

In the craft sections Jack has entered the fine art drawing, a layered jar of dried foods, decorated mask, scrapbooking and the lego and I entered scrapbooking and jewellery making.  The cooking was where I went overboard.  Jack has entries in the sweets, scones, small cakes, muffins and juvenile cake decorating.  I'm in the fudge, scones, pumpkin scones, slice, chocolate cake, tomato relish and the cake decorating.  I was meant to be in the chocolates, ring cake, damper and piklets but ran out of time.
This is my wedding cupcake entry
And this is my entry for the birthday cupcake section.  I think they're really cute but they won't win because I didn't have time to do any piping (well that and the fact that I'm an amateur who does some wonky work)
As well as all the baking, Jack had a soccer game on Saturday morning and has started Circus Skills classes on Sundays so we have had a full weekend.
 I bought this gorgeous oil print from work the other day.  I fell in love with her as soon as I saw her.  I tried her out in a few different spots before I found the best place for her.
I had to re-arrange a few other things to fit the print in so now this is my entryway and all the photos that were in my entry are now in my hallway.  It's nice to have a change around.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Can't wait to see your winning ribbons at the show. Good luck to both of you. You are amazing!

Memory Journal

 So I decided to start a memory journal this year inspired by the amazing Heidi Swapp.  She is so talented, I just love her style.  I'm ...